Babyblue and others (where did you get your axels)

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
LooseChangeRacing

Babyblue and others (where did you get your axels)

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Basically, I don't really want to be replacing axels every 6 months...i got the money to spend so where did you get your custom axels and how much....baby i'm sure you sold yours already...but anyway yeah thats what I want for the ZE
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I did a search, and babyblue and bmw3guy got thiers from a place called CV tech. I didnt right down the number, but if you search for CV tech you'll find it.

I believe they paid around $400cnd for both.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

cjthor wrote:I got mine at http://www.driveshaftshop.com
ditto
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

nothing more to say than ouch..... $700.00 i think ill keep replacing mine til one braking kills me.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
Hadrien

Post by Hadrien »

I have heard good things about Raxles on other boards. Might be worth a call. Lifetime warranty too I believe.

http://www.raxles.com
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

Driveshaft Shop finally finished my axels for the lsd tranny. Should be here today or tomorrow. The $700 level 3 axels don't fit the lsd tranny and I had to send them back along with the cut shaft to have a custom set made to fit the diff. $700 suddenly wasn't so bad. We won't even discuss the new price for me. Oh well, Frank (at DSS) made me a brand new level 5 set that Is the proper length w/ the correct splines. Will try to get a pic posted of the new set. I'm so excited to finally get my car back on the road, its been sooo long. Went through 2 shafts b4 realizing they were actually too short, that was back in september.
BTW anyone else looking to have a set made for the lsd, you will have to beg Frank to make another pair. He said its too much work and not worth the time. He'd rather make Honda axels :roll:
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

[quote=" BTW anyone else looking to have a set made for the lsd, you will have to beg Frank to make another pair. He said its too much work and not worth the time. He'd rather make Honda axels :roll:[/quote]

That sounds like a man who doesn't like money lol.

There are many places that can do custom axels but for what you want most places I have checked were anywhere from $500-$1,000. So $700 is not to bad really.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I got mine from CV tech like stated above. You can get different stage axles and the colour you want (rubber boot) You can even have the shaft chromed :shock:
Don't know if they'll work with shipping to the us though. Might want to ask. Price for mine (said stage 1 350whp) were 400$
819-595-0400
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ruthless_mx3 wrote:Driveshaft Shop finally finished my axels for the lsd tranny. Should be here today or tomorrow. The $700 level 3 axels don't fit the lsd tranny and I had to send them back along with the cut shaft to have a custom set made to fit the diff. $700 suddenly wasn't so bad. We won't even discuss the new price for me. Oh well, Frank (at DSS) made me a brand new level 5 set that Is the proper length w/ the correct splines. Will try to get a pic posted of the new set. I'm so excited to finally get my car back on the road, its been sooo long. Went through 2 shafts b4 realizing they were actually too short, that was back in september.
BTW anyone else looking to have a set made for the lsd, you will have to beg Frank to make another pair. He said its too much work and not worth the time. He'd rather make Honda axels :roll:
Had the same problem with mine. Took 3 tries to get the right shafts!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

cjthor wrote:
ruthless_mx3 wrote:Driveshaft Shop finally finished my axels for the lsd tranny. Should be here today or tomorrow. The $700 level 3 axels don't fit the lsd tranny and I had to send them back along with the cut shaft to have a custom set made to fit the diff. $700 suddenly wasn't so bad. We won't even discuss the new price for me. Oh well, Frank (at DSS) made me a brand new level 5 set that Is the proper length w/ the correct splines. Will try to get a pic posted of the new set. I'm so excited to finally get my car back on the road, its been sooo long. Went through 2 shafts b4 realizing they were actually too short, that was back in september.
Did they keep sending the wrong ones or did it take that many different times to make them right?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ruthless_mx3 wrote:
cjthor wrote:
Did they keep sending the wrong ones or did it take that many different times to make them right?
It took three tries to get it right. We ended up deleting the jackshaft on the passenger side and going with one solid axle. I dont have any torque steer either!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

By the looks of it you have just one really long passenger side shaft, right? thats crazy lookin.
Are the BP and Kx trannies different or do you have an open diff, cuz we didn't have to eliminate the jackshaft on mine.

OK, I tried to post the pic but I guess it didn't work. Maybe I just stooopid??? :help:
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

still looking for someone in the states with a price and a phone number that can do these axles if not in 2 weeks I will be worrying about dealing with CV tech in canada and telling them i'll pay for shipping and worry about shipping
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ruthless_mx3 wrote:By the looks of it you have just one really long passenger side shaft, right? thats crazy lookin.
Are the BP and Kx trannies different or do you have an open diff, cuz we didn't have to eliminate the jackshaft on mine.

OK, I tried to post the pic but I guess it didn't work. Maybe I just stooopid??? :help:
That is Correct. After trying to get the right jackshaft we decided to go ahead and eliminate the jackshaft. With the LSD I dont have any torque steer .
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”