why does my check engine light come on and go off

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aggressivemx

why does my check engine light come on and go off

Post by aggressivemx »

for some reason my check engine light keeps coming on but then goes back off. i took it to auto zone and they said it was too old to check the codes and i dont want to pay an arm and a leg just to figure out what is wrong. if you know let me know, or let me know where i can check my codes for free. it seems like its running fine. 93 mx-3 v6.
Last edited by aggressivemx on June 4th, 2006, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Checking the "CEL" codes on the K8 isn't that hard at all. This is well documented in numerous threads and really doesn't need to be reposted again. A simple process that you can doe yourself by placing car in diagnostic mode if it's an OBD I MX. Try a search using CEL, Code or OBD I as a search tool. Specifics as to what each CEL code stands for has also been well posted in the past and is also available from this site's main page technical section wherein lies an Online Shop Manual. It's all here, but requires a bit of time on your part do do the legwork in the search department. Once completed, post back further queries wrt specifics on your search/problem. g/l
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”