it be broke'ed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sk8erdude802

it be broke'ed

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Think I broke something in the tranny. Maybe you guys can shed some light on it for me like you have in the past. So, I was driving out to the river. As I pulled away from a stop sign it felt like I went out of gear (manual tranny) and then I heard this grinding/clunking noise. took it out of gear and expected to see a broken CV joint even though I just had them replaced about a year ago. Nothing. They looked fine. Thanks in advance.

Steve-O
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

sincrons.... might be going out....maybe something simple check you tranny fluid level
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Sorry, Im an idiot. The car no longer works in gear. I put it in gear and start to let the clutch out and it dosent pull it just makes this random clunking noise.

Steve-O
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Does it do it in every gear? It does sound like a axle but if you checked them and their ok it must be the tranny or some freaky clutch problem like your whole pressure plate fell off lol.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Also it could be the master cyllinder for the clutch.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

It turns out that its not the transmission cause the noise is coming from the drivers side hub and the CV joint and half shaft are moving. My dad said it could be a U joint. does our cars have u joints?? I looked through the online manual and didnt find anything. I just had the CV joints replaced so I hope thats not the problem but if it is no biggy.

Steve-O
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Rick Johnson wrote:Does it do it in every gear? It does sound like a axle but if you checked them and their ok it must be the tranny or some freaky clutch problem like your whole pressure plate fell off lol.
A lot of places offer lifetime warranty's on the parts, but they get you on the install. You could take it back but you'll still be looking at shop rate which is I believe 1 hr for an axle. So like ~$70-90. Or you can try to get them to give you a new axle and do it yourself <super easy> but they might be bitches about it.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

not a syncro or master, if it was a mastet he wouldnt be able to get it in gear with the car on. also not syncro's beacuse they will generally pop out under a load. sounds like a throw out pressure plate or cluch disk problem!
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”