Unmeasoured air?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
yiorta

Unmeasoured air?

Post by yiorta »

Hi. As i continue having low idle end hesitation only after electrical load is applied, i found this: If i disconnect the hose which goes after the maf to the head of the machine (the hose which some are applying the breather filter mod), nothing changes! I only tried this at idle, not on the road, but shouldn't the idle be affected if air is passing through that open hole? It is unmeasoured air since it is after the MAF. So does it work in open loop?
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Yes the air is unmeatered, I have noticed the same thing myself. The major problem is most likely your altanator. their has been many posts about the electrical/idle problems caused by the crappy altanator, /ground points. the reason your prob. not noticing any of the problems your having with that tube removed is because it will raise your idle high enough that you wont notice. Im sure the unmeterd air causes you engine to run lean at idle and im not sure how this would affect you engine at open loop. I would check you iginition timing , set your idle with all electrical loads off after the engine is warm , then check your TPS for adjestment . good luck.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

that hose your referring to is a small bleedoff hose that allows air to go from your intake into your head, since the pcv valve is pushing air out, it need to replace the dirty air with new air from your intake

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”