GS aqcuired and ZE ready to build HELP!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Imazdanation1

GS aqcuired and ZE ready to build HELP!

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Ok guys i am the proud owner of a GS. I gave the other car to my wife seeing as how i didn't know what to do with it and the work that would be involved in swapping the 4 cyl. to a 6 cyl.

Now my question is this. I have this KLZE engine on the engine stand torn apart as much as i can tear it down anyway. When building it what parts should i put into it to get the most horsepower out of it. I am looking at trying to get to the track by at least the end of the summer. Where i come from we have Friday night streetfights. We have a track 1/4 mile and all is overseen by the proper ppl Medics etc.... So please guys help me in making this ZE a beast :lol: Thanks again guys in advance.
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Well i am looking to buy pistons tomorrow and i have looked into some. I was looking at going with the Wiseco piston. My block has already been bored .20 over. So does anyone have any good advice on which ones to get? I was thinking of trying the 10:1 but someone said i should go with the 11:1. So please guys/girls give any advice that you can before i purchase.. Thanks again.

Keith
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

11.1 is going to put you close to needing race gas unless you have an engine management system to controll the spark advance and fuel. There is more that you can do to the motor than we could explain if we kept this post open all year long. Please do a search for "built ze" or something like that to get an idea of what you can buy off the shelf for the motor. We would aslo need to know what you want out of the motor and what you have to spend before opening up this can of worms.
Also a background on your experience with engines and such so that we know what to suggest without getting you in over your head. You can take a motor apart, no big deal, but building one could be very complicated.

I honestly don't mean to be offensive, but the simple fact that you asked such a open ended question without any details would suggest that you have not been into cars for that long and/or do not have much experience. With that having been said I would suggest that you but the parts and have a good engine builder put it together for you. If you are looking at pistons you are already talking some big bones and I'd hate to see you build a motor and it blow-up in a few minutes. :wink:
Again, not trying to be rude, just trying to save you thousands and alot of head-ache.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

PATDIESEL wrote:You can take a motor apart, no big deal, but building one could be very complicated.

that has to be the greatest line in that whole post. Anyone can take a motor apart, putting it back together and not having spare parts left over is the tricky part.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

johnnyb wrote:
PATDIESEL wrote:You can take a motor apart, no big deal, but building one could be very complicated.

that has to be the greatest line in that whole post. Anyone can take a motor apart, putting it back together and not having spare parts left over is the tricky part.

*finishes with the motor rebuild* Now where do these 4 bolts go.... DOH!

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

johnnyb wrote:

agreed, apart is easy, back together is another story, if you didnt label everything then all i can say is good luck. not to mention you have to check your bearing clearences and ring land clearences and all sorts of small things and tools that you might not even have, like internal and external micrometers and stuff like that.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Well i have built mostly Honda engines in the past. A friend of mine helps me with the builds he is an ASE certified mechanic. We are using his garage actually for the build. I really want to get the most out of the car without taking away from being able to drive it on the streets. Where i am from we have 2 nights a week where we go to the track and try our luck against everyone else on the 1/4 mile. I also belong to a local car club that takes Auto x type trips 1 or 2 times a month. So i am really looking to incoorperate both a Street legal drag car and a descent auto x car. I don't know that much about Mazda engines i mean if it is basically the same as a Honda engine and someone could say that this thread that would help me to shut up and just start throwing together the engine :lol: I found out that different engine makers made a few things a bit different so that is why i have been asking around here for a little help. Why not source ppl that have been there done that :) Well i will do alot of searcing and see what i can get out of it. Thanks anyway guys.

Keith
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is not that we won't help as much as we can Keith, but we need to narrow down what you have time and money for. You say money is not an issue, but that is crazy. You could spend 20,000 on the motor if you so chose.
Anyway, you got it spot on. Do some searching and see what others have done then formulate an idea of what you want and start a new thread.

PS, welcome to the forum and I hope you end up with the most ungodly bad-a-- MX-3 ever!! You sound pretty enthusiastic!!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if money isnt an issue theres a TT KL motor in australia. I think they said it cost $50000 to build. 800 hp

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”