how much horse power

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda(v6)

how much horse power

Post by mazda(v6) »

well, me and my dad just pulled a klde from a mx-6 and i was thinking b4 i put it in my mx-3 i should send my head and stuff to gude, i was wondering what would be a good estamate of hower much hores power should it put out? Like 290hp?
lakersfan1

Re: how much horse power

Post by lakersfan1 »

mazda(v6) wrote: Like 290hp?
It wouldn't even put out 290 CANADIAN horsepower ..... unless you're going to add a turbo kit.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

a stock kl-de has 164hp and 160tq with head work like porting probly like 175MAX if that
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

no not just the porting im talkin bout the whole thing like headers,ecu,porting,ported manifold,ported throttle body,race valves,and new cylinders
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

you'll only ever see those numbers if u turbo. u can do all the porting in the world, and even w/ all those mods you'll still b no more than the ZEs with minimal.

not saying it won't b fun...just don't b expecting 200+
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

canadian horsepower??????
twoie

Post by twoie »

now that's funny

twoie
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Its a canadian thing, you wouldnt understand. :o 8) :twisted:
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
Cy

Post by Cy »

Canadian maple syrup is better then american... In saying... all things canadian must be better.. Ar-go

Canadian HP = Better HP :D
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

whats the current exchange rate?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Think Canadian hp vs american hp like canadian vs american gallons. ;)

Like mentioned, the KLDE makes 164hp and 16tq, but those numbers are at the crank. By the time you get from the crank, through the drivetrain and to the wheels, you'll loose quite a bit of power, usually somewhere around 15% on a manual transmission. I've going for an all N/A setup. From what I've seen, doing as much to the engine/drivetrain as possible, you'll usually get around the bhp (brake hp) value, but in whp (wheel hp). I would expect a max of around 164whp, which would translate to roughtly 189bhp. I haven't done any research in a long time, but when I last did on probetalk, I don't think anyone has broken 200whp on a KLZE, which would be roughly 230bhp.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

ummm.... thats alot of ponies.... but you wont get it all motor ...... well unless ...$$$$$$$$$$....... you know try building it for boost if you cant financial adhere to it nitrous will work too...hey its not the same but tell that to your quarter mile time
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

mazda(v6) wrote:no not just the porting im talkin bout the whole thing like headers,ecu,porting,ported manifold,ported throttle body,race valves,and new cylinders
Based on that statement i think you might wanan reconsider what your are about to do.

If your going all motor you are gonna want to raise compression to somewhere around 10:1 - 11:1. Your gonna want new rods to take the extra stress from spinning the motor higher. Your gonna want more agressive cams. Headwork would be very nice after all that. Ported intake manifold and throttle body. Vales should be ok stock but a valve job should be done with the head work.

In the end your basically building a ZE..... BUT with all the new internals you might put out more hp but not alot more.

And not to be rude but bassed on your origional post you might wanna do a little more research into internal combustion engines. It sounds like you have a basic idea of what you want and how to do it but you might be missing some of the finer points. ie: race valves and new cylinders.
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

ninjajim4 wrote:whats the current exchange rate?
I think it's about $.90 cents to a Canadian dollar right now. American dollar sucks now.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”