value of a '93 MX3 w/ 2.5L V6

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Car Addict

value of a '93 MX3 w/ 2.5L V6

Post by Car Addict »

hey guys i was wondering what these cars would go for? its currently missing a distributor, but lets say its in good running order. good red paint, very little rust on the frame rails, everything works including sunroof, in auto tranny, body has 250 xxx KM's on it.

just a general figure is fine, thanks for your help
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Which engine are you refering to? KLZE or KLDE? I think it strongly matters where you live. Here in Cali, it seems to only add maybe $500, if that. It's more of a, buy a 1.8 Mx for $2500, or a 2.5 Mx for $2500.

Your car is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Search your local adds and see what other Mx's are going for, and price accordingly.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

yup it all depends on 3 factors

1) were you live
2) ZE or DE
3) Mint or not mint

here in saskatoon, the price could be as hight as 8 grand, and as low as 3. (no mx is lower than 3g's ever...)

in the stats, it could go as high as mabye, 5? and as low as 2g's...it all depends...look on auto trader to see what most mx-3's are (that are in simmilare condition/miles/blahblah) and add about 500-1000 onto the going rate..i'm sure if you told a guy that it coudl kill cobras, you'd get some good cash for it.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Car Addict

Post by Car Addict »

ok i gotta do some more research on this car, but what is the difference between ZE and DE? is it the year of the motor, and is there a stamp on the VIN plate on the motor which will tell me which one it is?

the car is in close to mint condition, the only rust i found is on the frame rails, and it is very minimal. car is missing the distributor, and i am hoping that is it. tried starting it and the motor turns over, hopefully i just add a distributor and it works, it would be a shame to scrap this ride.

someone offered me a skyline motor (RB25DET, 2.5L inline 6 turbo) for the MX-3.

very tempting........

have a great day all, thanx 4 the replies!!!!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Car Addict wrote:ok i gotta do some more research on this car, but what is the difference between ZE and DE? is it the year of the motor, and is there a stamp on the VIN plate on the motor which will tell me which one it is?

the car is in close to mint condition, the only rust i found is on the frame rails, and it is very minimal. car is missing the distributor, and i am hoping that is it. tried starting it and the motor turns over, hopefully i just add a distributor and it works, it would be a shame to scrap this ride.

someone offered me a skyline motor (RB25DET, 2.5L inline 6 turbo) for the MX-3.

very tempting........

have a great day all, thanx 4 the replies!!!!
Klde is a 2.5 from a mazda mx6, 626, millenia, ford probe, its the aspec 2.5l v6 with only 160bhp.

the klze is a 2.5l v6 from mazda eunos 800, eunos 600, mx6 and there is one other car but i cant remeber its name, but it is the jspec version and has 200bhp.

As for putting a rb25 motor there will be more work involed in doing that than anything you would be better off swapping to a 1.8 gtx/gtr BPT motor which would be an easier swap and they're plenty of aftermarket support for them to make nice power. Or you can turbo/supercharge the v6 and make some pritty decent numbers.

Putting a nissan motor in an mx3 would be very frowned apon, if you wanted to do something off the wall, you could do a 13bT swap it can be done guys have been doing it in the 323 which shares a similar chasis as the mx3
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Car Addict

Post by Car Addict »

damn that some good info! thanx for the reply. so if the motor says ford on it, i suppose its the DE motor.

LOL, i guess i should have clarified a bit better, the RB25 would go in my S14, not the mazda. 13B would be the only way to go with any mazda (triple rotor cosmo motor, right?). has anyone ever rigged a RWD drivetrain on a MX-3? i'm sure its been done, i'd love to see/ boot one in person!

;)

oh, and i hate swapping other brand motors in rides, altho the ford v8 is always tempting because of the price and ease.

yo peep my rides on the car domain link, then tell me if u think the RB swap is worth the trade for my MX-3. i'm the car junkie, remember?? LOL

your input is much appreciated, have a great weekend!!

PauL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Over here they go for around 1000 - 2500 but i think they are all k8... nobody appreciates the value of a de.. el paso people dont know much of a de on an mx3. I know probes can reach 1000 up to 2700 or even 3000. I live in a market thats exploited by car importes from denver colorado and exporte4d to mexico = cars cheap.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”