kf15 = kf01

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
rowdyPGT

kf15 = kf01

Post by rowdyPGT »

just to get it right for the last time. is kf15 ecu the same as kf01?....could i use kf01 ecu on a mtx?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im nt sure.. ive heard some cars have the kf01 i think 170 hp .. altough im not sure.. my car has KF01 cams but rou8nd runners, the 170 hp kf i belive has different cams.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

^^^yeah that is true, i mean i know the dference between the engines, but i was asing about ecu's...sorry ofr the misunderstanding...

what i want to know lets say that the kf01 ecu were to be for a auto tranny, would it work on a mtx?...or lets say that the kf01 was for european motor andi have the japanesse would it work?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

KF01 is the european ecu found in the Astina

KF15 is the japanese ecu in the 160 version

KL33 is the Lantis Type R ecu for the 170 version

As for it being mtx or atx it doesnt matter, if you use an atx ecu on an mtx car, it will still function properly because you dont have the other little ecu type box that controls the atx based off what the main ecu tells it.

No one on this forum has a kf01 ecu anyway so there is no point in you worrying about it, the only guys that would have this ecu would be the few european mx3ers we have.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Mnemonic wrote:KF01 is the european ecu found in the Astina

KF15 is the japanese ecu in the 160 version

KL33 is the Lantis Type R ecu for the 170 version

As for it being mtx or atx it doesnt matter, if you use an atx ecu on an mtx car, it will still function properly because you dont have the other little ecu type box that controls the atx based off what the main ecu tells it.

me and barry bout had the same ecu, his was pulled from a mtx car and mine was pulled from an atx, both have the exact same codes on them so as i said previously in the other thread, both atx and mtx cars used the same ecu.

No one on this forum has a kf01 ecu anyway so there is no point in you worrying about it, the only guys that would have this ecu would be the few european mx3ers we have.
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

cool, but lets say i have the japanesse versionand this ecu is for the european..it woudl still owrk right?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I am not positive but i think the european kf is 140hp, maybe somebody else will know for sure. If it is then that will be no good for your kfze.
rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

well i have the 160hp version..with round runners straight neck IM..but i installed a klde IM...

so the kf01 is good for me?

im asking this questions, because i dont want to buy the wrong ecu, then get stuck with it
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

no.. get the kf35 ecu not the kf01. Thats the exact same set up i have as what you have. Dam this sucks i wanted tgo nbe the only one having that engine as far as in this hemisphere. :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

sigh the kf15 is the ecu you want to use, you cant use the kf01 ecu because it uses a maf not a vaf, therefore it wouldnt work on your motor, you have a jspec motor you need to use a jspec ecu. IN SHORT USE THE KF15 ECU!

hec fix your post please, i dont want some noob coming on here asking questions about a kf35 ecu (doesnt exist), then ill start pulling my hair out and will start screaming use the search function :)

As for you being the only kfze welllllll.... there are a few others that have kfze powered mx-3s in the US and canada, infact there is another guy in TX that has one that i used to talk to from the Mx-3 yahoo emails. Also i can give an accurate count of knowing of atleast 4 other kfze powered mx3s in the US. All but one i have helped in some way or another (the one was that red kfze mx3 on ebay).

So your gonna have to work quick to be the 1st kfze-T because i know of someone now already starting the turbo project :)

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

aw :( bleh ill just got klze later on :/ lol well what about megasquirted kfze? lol but YES ONLY ISE KF15 no other ecu :)
-hec

rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

im the first kfze probe in the usa or texas at least
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

there has already been a kfze-t owned by a guy on here, cant remember his name though.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”