Havent seen Tunes67 in a while? Read.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Havent seen Tunes67 in a while? Read.

Post by Custommx3 »

Eric (tunes67) called me today. Last I heard he was going to the doctor to have his back checked out. He thought he had done something while doing his manual swap in his GS.

Well.. turns out he had pneumonia and was hospitalized. He wont be on for a week or two because hes still recovering. He told me hes at about 60% and has lost a considerable amount of weight. Unfortunatley hes not staying @ his house so he cant be reached by phone. Hes going to call me in a few days, and I will give you guys updates.

Please keep him in your prayers.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

thats too bad. I talked to him a few days after he hurt his back.... he said he was almost better

pneumonia is a nasty thing to get :dunno:

hopefully hes a quick recoverer
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Ya i talked to him too right before he dissapeared. It's good to know he will be ok though.

The thing thats probably killing him the most is not being able to work on his car :P

Hope he has a fast recovery.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

What is pneumonia and how do you get it?
I am worried for Tunes and myself because I plan to do a 5speed swap in the future too and dont want to get pneumonia...
Can you also get pneumonia if you do a 5speed swap on a Civic???

:P

Seriously, hope he gets better quickly
So what is pneumonia and how do you get it?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Seriously, hope he gets better quickly
So what is pneumonia and how do you get it?
Pneumonia is an inflimation of the lungs, which results in chest pains, shortness of breath, and other oxygen/breathing related problems. It can be caused by many things and it's generally something you get by staying out in the cold too long (kind of like the flu). It's easily survivable, but it can get extremely nasty, and is one of the leading causes of death in old people.

I'm sure Tunes will tough it out. I'll pray for him.
BSinnest

Post by BSinnest »

hope he gets better. there is alot of hope if he just has the pneumonia, my uncle had just gone to the hospital saying he wasn't feeling good.. then he ends up in there for more than a month or so... turned out he pneumonia (possible double) as well as sarcoydosis (weird diesease, turns immune system around. attacks all good cells).. His heart had stopped a few times as well as one of his lungs collapsed. In coma for a week or so, then snapped right out of it and is home on the way to recovery..

just a little story i guess. best wishes to tunes, hope he gets well soon!

Brian
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Geez Brian, I hope your uncle gets well too. That sounds aweful. Good cause for a annual check-up, if not twice a year.

I'm glad you found out about Tunes, we in MOCA were talking about how he disappeared, but didn't have a way to reach him to find out.

He'll get better quickly b/c he has a reason to. I know I would if my MX were awaiting some performance mods and the parts were sitting there waiting to be installed :wink:

Send him our regards when you talk to him.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

hope he recovers fast
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

I'v had it. It goes well with asthma too :roll: hospitalized for X-mas.

Get well soon Tunes 8)
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Send Tunes my best .........

DEB :wink:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Get well, Tunes! Oh, that's why you didn't drive 2,000 miles w/ me :( I had it, too, but didn't take care of it, and it came & went for 5 years. I'm glad you're smarter than that!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Tunes gave me good advice once I decided to do the manual swap a few weeks ago.

Get better soon Tunes and I'll keep you in my prayers
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

jrors wrote:Tunes gave me good advice once I decided to do the manual swap a few weeks ago.

Get better soon Tunes and I'll keep you in my prayers
What advice do you and him have?
PM me if you want
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

He told me that he would be down for a while if they had to do back surgery on him and that was almost a month ago. That sucks that he is sick on top of that...but at least with that he feels like getting the bed rest that he needs to heal his back.

Juan. Phonetically it is New-Moan-Ya. You have probably heard of it before. Most moms tell their kids they will get it every time they leave the house without enough clothes on. FYI Tunes. Pneumonia is for wimps. LOL. Just playing. Hope he feels 100% real soon.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”