KLZE swap. No clutch and overheats

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3autozam

KLZE swap. No clutch and overheats

Post by mx3autozam »

ok I swapped my KLZE in last weekend and i'm using the k8 manifold for now. Fidanza flywheel and ACT street clutch. Cars idles a little high but I can figure that out after. Does not overheat or anything. But The clutch seems to have a release problem. If i start the car in gtear with clutch in it just drives away, and also I can't shift gears. The clutch fork moves back and forth no problem just the clutch doesn't release from the motor so It can do what its supposed to do. And also the the car overheats when its in gear. I started the car up and took it for a drive around the block in first gear, and it goes like crazy. get home and turn it off and it overheats. waited about half an hour and turned it back on let it idle for a bit reved it up real good it seems smooth and all. put it in 1st and drive and you can see the temnp gauge move right up

Has anyone had or herad of any of this?

as for the clutch I have a almost brand new probe clutch i may swap in. I have herad people have had issues with ACT clutches in kl cars
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I have a stage 3 ACT and it works GREAT. It is the hardest grabbing clutch I have ever had...... and I have a probe GT engine swap.

My car also overheats, it runs normal around half or just under on the temp gauge, but if it is even a half quart low on antifreeze it shoots up like a rocket.. I have yet to figure it out. I wanted to just add some of that Redline water wet stuff but then I told myself that I shouldnt need it if my car was running right. There is no fix in a bottle repair on a car.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Did you bleed your slave cylinder? If not, then that's probably your problem.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Yes I did bleed it. We bled it alot too. I can't belive I didn't mention that
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Adjsut the free play on the clutch pedal. I've had to do that on every ACT clutch I've put in. Even adjsuted all the way out it still engages right on the floor.

As for the overheating, did you replace the thermostat and radiator? If not I'd start with that. Does your radiator fan work on the ZE? You might have plugged the wrong sensor in and the fan is not coming on. (that is if you only use two sensors and didn't tap for the thrid that the MX-3 uses/needs)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

f--- those ACT I had the same problem with an ACT i put in my MX-6...that thing ruined my tranny. Recently removed it and the car was perfect.

I will never buy an ACT again :!:

Clutchmasters :D
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

CM are butter clutches that have no feedback. All you do is adjust the pedal and you are fine. Which BTW you should do with any clutch replacement...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

PATDIESEL wrote:CM are butter clutches that have no feedback. All you do is adjust the pedal and you are fine. Which BTW you should do with any clutch replacement...
No, my ACT was fucked, and it wasn't the first post i heard about that. There was nothing i could do to get it to operate properly.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”