1/8th Mile Track Test n Tune

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
JWMotorsports

1/8th Mile Track Test n Tune

Post by JWMotorsports »

Well we took the car to a track finally and am not really dissapointed at my time due to the high trap speeds for the give ET's.

1/8th Mile @ Eastside Speedway (Waynesboro, VA)

1st Run...White smoke pooring out from the front end spinning all the way down the track. I launched at 3000RPMs on 245/50-R16 Falken 512's.
Reaction =0.4757sec
60ft = 2.7697sec
1/8 ET = 9.9428sec
1/8 Trap = 80.105MPH (Timmy's car w/ 16G was runing 9.1's @ 81MPH)

2nd Run...Nose n nose with a 5.0 past the 60ft. (He had very wide street tires on the rear). Then as I started pulling away and shifted to 2nd gear I had no gas pedal...the flippin cable pulled off the throttle bracket so I drifted to a 14.4sec pass...I'd a stomped him a new one and he went 9.0sec!!! I didn't get my time slip for that pass because I was doing repairs at the end of the track when they cut the lights off n shutdown the track for the night...I was PISSED! My 60ft should have been around 1.8! The overall ET should have been low 8's....possible high 7's (we let out 10psi of air pressure from tires that run also).

These times were on a STOCK B6T bottom end w/ a open diff. Pro-LX Trans. and 24-26psi of boost. I also had a spare set of axles, tools, n floor jack in the car when I pulled those times :wink:

This weekend were looking to put in the race motor (forged internals w/ all ARP fasteners, n Cometic Head Gasket) along with the LSD and axles. That motor w/ 30-35psi, n slicks should pull high 6's in the 1/8th and low 10's in the 1/4mile :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

ahh the good ol buro track lol thats cool i should meet you there some time i live over in afton and yea that sux about your throttle cable mine used to pop off the braket all the time until i finally got around to titening it down
2002 Subaru WRX In the process of new motor build.
1989 Honda CRX Daily driven Beater. 50MPG!!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Hey, good to see another MX-3er near by! We'll probably be back down at Eastside this Friday or Natural Bridge, haven't decided yet. My RX-7's throttle cable has done that before as well so I'm going to make a new bracket for it to eliminate any possibility of it happening again. I'm still pissed about it! That would have been a GREAT pass that time around. I might try n get the other motor and LSD in for this weekend :twisted:

Let me know what your up to and we can meet up sometime. Another friend of mine lives in C'ville and I owe him a ride soon. He used to have a black MX-3 w/ B6T and now has a WRX with several mods, you've propably seen him around. It's been about 3 years since I've had my car over in C'ville. Last time I ran a Supra and a 300z Twin Turbo over there.
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Not going to make it to the track tomarrow. I'm tearing down the J-spec head for more port work and combustion chamber work as well. There is a lot of grit still in the exhaust ports from me playing with the dremel nearly 2 years ago! I'm gonna do it right, we'be cleaned the piss out of the head and dried it everytime with the air hose @ 110psi and it isn't all coming out. I'm gonna finish what I started :twisted: Hope to hit the track next Friday cuz the NDRA Budds Creek, MD race is at the end of this month!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Planning to go to Eastside Friday still with the stock b6t bottom end and open diff. I started porting the J-Spec head and got ummm...well...you see the rest of my car :wink: I've got a LOT more cutting to do with the carbide burs! We're pulling it in on the trailor and going for 30+psi run and trying to pull mid 7's in the 1/8th mile.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”