Lantis LSD tranny

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wheelmanx3

Lantis LSD tranny

Post by wheelmanx3 »

I heard there is an lsd tranny from a mazda lantis produced in japan. Will it bolt up to a klze and where can i get one from.
"It is not about how fast it goes, but how fast you drive it when it goes Fast" wheelman
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

It will bolt up to the KL engines. There is extensive threads on this that you may want to sift through first before handing over your hard earned money. A simple search using LSD as a keyword should do it. There will be isuues surrounding the difficulty in sourcing the correct axles for this also. g/l
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
LantisTypeR

Post by LantisTypeR »

jschrauwen wrote:It will bolt up to the KL engines. There is extensive threads on this that you may want to sift through first before handing over your hard earned money. A simple search using LSD as a keyword should do it. There will be isuues surrounding the difficulty in sourcing the correct axles for this also. g/l
John
Hi from Malaysia. Me now driving a Lantis TypeR (170hp 2.0KFZE) and the tranny comes standard. Why buy only the KF tranny when you can always buy the whole assembly, i.e. tranny and driveshafts.. Pretty cheap here.. Around USD400 complete... but then again shipping it to US another issue..
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

LantisTypeR are you on my323f website?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Bah its you Jared hahahahaha >numonikmx3
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

LantisTypeR wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:It will bolt up to the KL engines. There is extensive threads on this that you may want to sift through first before handing over your hard earned money. A simple search using LSD as a keyword should do it. There will be isuues surrounding the difficulty in sourcing the correct axles for this also. g/l
John
Hi from Malaysia. Me now driving a Lantis TypeR (170hp 2.0KFZE) and the tranny comes standard. Why buy only the KF tranny when you can always buy the whole assembly, i.e. tranny and driveshafts.. Pretty cheap here.. Around USD400 complete... but then again shipping it to US another issue..
If you get a LSD tranny (that sounds sooo wrong), and driveshafts that is guaranteed to fit the Mx3 GS, I`d be very interested.
Shipping via ship to Norway shouldn`t be too expensive either.

Got any websites who have what I need?

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

nope-mx3 wrote: If you get a LSD tranny (that sounds sooo wrong), and driveshafts that is guaranteed to fit the Mx3 GS, I`d be very interested.
-nope
Nope, there was an individual I recieved pm from that has his LSD for sale I believe. There are a few that may have some for sale and a post in the Buy/Sell Forum [WTB], may show some results. FWIW
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
LantisTypeR

Post by LantisTypeR »

Mnemonic wrote:Bah its you Jared hahahahaha >numonikmx3
yup... i knew it was you... hehehe

hey, there's a typeR tranny with LSD and driveshafts for sale... you may want to ask Munkit...
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yes me and him have been talking he is still getting me a price on it, but he's away in china, i think he comes back tomarrow?

LantisTypeR

Post by LantisTypeR »

nope-mx3 wrote:
LantisTypeR wrote:
John
If you get a LSD tranny (that sounds sooo wrong), and driveshafts that is guaranteed to fit the Mx3 GS, I`d be very interested.

-nope
Nope, My lantis was just a 1.6NA before I transplanted the KFZE into it. The tranny with LSD will definitely fit your car. But you need the driveshafts both left and right coz they are bigger (the inside) and "treaded" to fit the LSD tranny. I cant give you my word if they can be shipped (by sea) to Norway. The best thing to do is for you to come over and we can shop around. The Lantis TypeR "half-cuts" as they are known here are readily available. half-cut here means the whole cut from A-pillar to front bumper, including the dashboard, stick shifter, aircond blower, control panels, and everything inside the engine bay. It cost me only USD850 for the whole thing...
LantisTypeR

Post by LantisTypeR »

Mnemonic wrote:yes me and him have been talking he is still getting me a price on it, but he's away in china, i think he comes back tomarrow?
no wonder he's been very quiet lately.. he did tell me of his going to China.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

We refer to that front end as a "front clip".
yiorta

Post by yiorta »

Hi. My mechanic said that he has fitted a 323f lsd tranny to my bpt. Can this be done??? Do you know how can I check it?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”