i need help taking out my guages

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mazdamx3sohc

i need help taking out my guages

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

im taking out my guages to put in new guage faces theres wiring in the back of my guages preventing me from taking it out how do i unplug it i h ave no slack to just pull it out and unplug it. thanks
Nick
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

To give you some more slack, you need to unook the speedometer gear that is actually on the transmission. The cable is JUST long enough to fit between the tranny and the cluster when the cluster is bolted in.

Once the cable is disconnected/pulled out from the tranny, you will have plenty of slack to unhook the cable from the back of the cluster.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

unscrew ur fuel guage so that u have space to slip the new guage on and then put ur fuel guage on. the fuel/temp guage people break them i know i did it once and it sucks.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i already took care of it, you were right about unhooking it from the speed sencor. but i did it on accident i pulled it out. couldnt figure out why my mph wasnt working lol, but i got it now. however, i messed up my rpm needle some how it sticks, its off timing and everything, how can i fix this s.o.b.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”