HI, V6 in Portugal

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
OutlaW

HI, V6 in Portugal

Post by OutlaW »

Hi gang... i am about to buy a second hand Mazda mx3 1.8 V6 , and after a few searching hours on the web, i've found some great web sites.
This forum is one of them, and i am hopping that we all learn from each other.

Since i have not found an introduction part on this forum here goes nothing
:P

My name is Pedro, i have 27 years old and i live in Portugal ( that's right , the piece of beach near Spain :lol: )
My car history is :
1st car- Citroen AX Sport with 2 double weber carbs
2nd car- Citroen Saxo 16v VTS ( mine was a Citroen Portugal special edition... the Saxo Cup)
3rd car- Hyundai Scoupe 1.5 Gt turbo
4th car- I hope that is going to be the MX3

Since this is the technical part of the forum, let me ask something that i am thinking to do to my future car.

Can someone tell me what is the purpose of the pipes that are linked to the intake pipe ?
One is the engine respirator, and the other one closer to the air filter box ? the large one ? what does it do ?

Let me say just one more thing , i was really surprised about the quality on the interior of this car, here in Portugal it is really hard to find this car model rolling around ... :)
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Thanks for the hospitality ... :roll:
Can anyone tell me if there is a double tiped exhaust that sounds deep but not too loud .. ?
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Easy guys , easy !
There is time and space for everyone, there is no need of running over the next man's word´s ...
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Hello Pedro! I'm Lars form cold Norway! Welcome to the forum! I don't know the answer to your questions, but this question:
Can anyone tell me if there is a double tiped exhaust that sounds deep but not too loud .. ?
caught my interest, as I would like to know what are available as well.

Or else I can point you in the right direction. On the http://www.mx-3.com mainsite, there is an online shop manual. If no one answers your question on this forum, try looking into it yourself. Shouldn't be too hard!

Wish you the best of luck with your new MX-3! You'd better be nice to her! :wink:
'92 GS
My worklog
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I think the best approach for a double tipped exhaust is just to buy a standard muffler of your choice and pick out a nice double tip to weld to the muffler. There are a few decent looking dual tips out there. I like Pacesetter's tips ....... but not thier mufflers.
Dom

Post by Dom »

f u can find magnaflow theyre not too loud, very nice deep sound

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”