Holly Crap!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3sohc

Holly Crap!

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

there like there. waiting to be ordered......wow i want intercooler and all included. USE THIS SITE!!!!
http://www.jspecautosports.com/catalog_ ... rod_id=266
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

not that bad of a deal. pretty good actually seeing as though you get everything you need other than the trans.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

For 1900 bucks that is a super rip. You can get a BPT for 850 and then a Haltch for another 1000 then a custom intercooler for 200 and piping (which you would need anyway) and have almost 100 more HP for 2200. That is about 300 bucks for 100HP. I'd pay that anyday for 100 HP.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i think its an awesome deal, comes with intercooler all engine pieces like alternator and stuff tranny and all that. plus the clean-ness and shape.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

if your not looking to go balls to the walls and want to keep everything with MAZDA, its a pretty good deal. i have found the same thing for 1300, but on average its a good deal for a direct bolt up with no hassles for almost a 100hp increase. and all you have to do is buy a boost controller and you can knock another 60 to 70 hp from it. now rember the ecu is already tuned for boost.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

shwag.
breenmachine

Post by breenmachine »

I wouldn't be swapping this myself obviously because of this newbish question but if I wanted to buy the stuff for someone to do a swap for me, would this be ALL i needed? Like I could buy this and be good to go? Do you need to replace the transmission when you swap the engine?

And one more quick thing, I searched but couldn't find a specific answer because I didn't know exactly what to search for, Does the BPT swap work the same for the 4cyl SOHC and DOHC? For some reason I remember hearing it doesnt bolt up as easily when your swapping a DOHC.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

you should check a little harder i was in like 3 of them, anyways if you have the sohc and you want a perfect running bp. get the motor, the wiring harness, the ecu cuz it will be a lot better then stock however stock will still work, and get a good clutch and the flywheel from the car you are taking the bp out. so basically just small stuff.
motor
harness
ecu
flywheel
you can keep your clutch just dont beat it, if you want to beat it (hopefully you will do this on the track and not the street) get another stronger clutch.
have a ball!...or two.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Hey guys. I decided I might put mine under the knife for another AWD MX-3 conversion. Saw this and it reminded me does anyone else know if there is better deals and where I can get a whole rear diff setup also. I know my parts are prolly coming off a jdm 323 gtx cause i don't think the US has any AWD turbo 1.8 323s here.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

I did have my 88 323 GTX up for sale BUT nobody wanted it because it was a rolling chasis and the distance. I decided to keep it after all and get it up and running Not FOR SALE.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”