And the gas problems continue

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

And the gas problems continue

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok So i connected the fpr to vacuum, fixed my iac. Im still averaging 15 mpg. No black smoke. There IS A GAS SMELL near the gass filler cap..maybe the fiuller tube is corroded? I live in an area where salt is not present (its the desert) we never get snow. I crawled udner the car and there dont seem to be any leaks. Any areas of the mx3 that can have leaks? there are no fuel drips nothing.. im lost. Both ecus have no codes. Spark plugs are good, ign wires are good. Its pulling hard again. Maybe its my fuel needle?? When i floor it and if i have a 1/4 of gas it will go all the way to empty and when i stop it goes back up to 1/4 One quart lasts round 32 miles o.0 I will drive with a gallon of gas in my hatch and try it. Maybe its the floater?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

You could top off the tank and go for a while. Then, top it off again to see how much gas you actually used and use that to calculate the milage.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm i simply added water and am getting somewhat better milleage, around 20 - 23 mpg. I think the iac had no awtter and i had crappy idle..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
precidian

Post by precidian »

hgallegos915 wrote:hmm i simply added water and am getting somewhat better milleage, around 20 - 23 mpg. I think the iac had no awtter and i had crappy idle..
I think you might want to clarify where you added the water... on first read it didn't look right.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

I'm goint out on a limb here but do yah think it could be the fact you have no cat? unburnt fuel sitting in your exhaust?

And I hope the water went in the rad :)
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

water leaked trough the filler cap it was bad. Loss of milleage can be explained by headers and extremelly BAD BAD driving everyday redlining. I drove her nice today and i got a good 28mpg
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”