looking at a new one***the tranny blowup****

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
bushidosword

looking at a new one***the tranny blowup****

Post by bushidosword »

Ok guys Ive stumble across a 92 gs in my area for 3000, with rims, lowered kf 2.0 swap and custom interior, etc..(im still awaitin pics)

Is a kf any good? Or shoud i avoid it

ps id like ly get it for 25-27ish
Last edited by bushidosword on April 9th, 2006, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mxmaz »

kf is not as good as the klze, but is a hell of a lot better then a k8.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

meh still only has like 10hp more
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I would verify that it's a KF...maybe he's yanking your chain to make the purchase more tempting.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

yeah its a kf, there are several ppl i know who saw the motor go in last year....

Apparantely its got a real bad paint job now tho so i may pass on it....

****UPDATE*******

So my transmission blew up this afternoon...Literally...the differential blew right through the aluminum casing...and pieces fell out on he ground :(

I just had it rebuilt 3months ago and those screwballs first didnt seal it correctly, then when they did, they pinched a wire harness for the torque converter solinoid so it was grounding out and engaging intermittently....now an assembly error has rendered the tranny un-re-buildable..... on monday it will be a bad day to work at the brockville mr transmission.

I paid $2000 for them to distroy the only "indestructible" part of the tranny. :evil:

when will it end?

Post by bushidosword »

Well see for yourselves:

Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

O_O

That is nuts. Time to get your money back and find a new shop.
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

/\ Thats my plan....but in the mean time ive got long walk to work....oops

speaking of which Id better get going
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Sorry to here that man. I remember when mines went out on me and that's pretty much how mines looked when it blew out....... even the tranny fluid on the ground. Well, I hope the tranny place will take care of you better than they did the first time, and by the way, I called Mazda recently and the price for a new tranny from them..... it runs about $2700 and you'll get $600 of that back when they get your core.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

jrors wrote:I called Mazda recently...
hahahahaha... There are very few things I would get from a dealership. The prices are outragous. Used items arn't as good as new ones, but in terms of use/cost they are a million times better.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:meh still only has like 10hp more
10Hp? only if its a Plain KF
a KFZE has about 40 More HP.
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

Well, several legal threats, two calls to head office, one letter to better business bureau, one written statement by the owner of fireball transmission, and three or four heated conversations later, my car goes in for replacement of tranny sometime next week.

I still however have all the papers necessary drawn up to take theese crooked snakes to court... And boy they dont want to go there with me.

I had pictures and reciepts for everything, further more i paid on a mr transmission credit card, for which i did not sign the receipt for.(They could not prove that i authorized the repair, further more not for that amount)

HEHEHEHEH!

Lesson learned here and hopefully I'll save someone here this sorta experience.

Post by DJ »

If you are looking for a decent place in Brockville to have work done I would suggest Tom Carr's service center. Out of the places in town i've had the most luck with them and haven't heard anything bad about them. I've only had them do a few minor things because that's all that has happened with my car (they put on my new rims for me last week.. check my cardomain page). But my sister goes there ALL the time (american car) and they do a great job everytime.

And for the other car you were looking at, I wouldn't really suggest buying a second hand modded car around here. Find one that is old lady driven with all past service records or something unless you want even more problems. It's amazing how many cars in this town have rims, body kits (unpainted) and a fart pipe, but they burn so much oil that the back of the white car is black from it. These guys need to get their priorities straight.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Adding a forum section for trusted mechanics/parts stores etc might be a good idea - people could check up on a vendor by looking at one thread rather than searching and sifting through 100s of threads.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50261
But nobody seems to care .....
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”