Timing Fixed, Still sluggish

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Timing Fixed, Still sluggish

Post by Bumpysbro »

i just got my car back from the mechanics, got the timing and idle fixed but my compression is still wayyy off. i thought it had somehting to do with it but did not make one bit of difference. still getting 120, 85, 100, 125, me and my dad are gonna take the head and everything apart next week and tinker with it. sux stupid car lol
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Did the motor get over heated? Good luck with that though.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

well it has overheated twice but it was about 3 months ago was the last one and 5 months ago was the first one. replaced the water pump twice and radiator...keep gettin that tanish oil/coolant on the bottom of my spark plugs, just got the oil changed today but its really hard to get over 60 now ever since i got it timed. could it have been timed incorrectly?
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

you need a head gasket and possible new head,your mechanic should have known this or learned this when he ran it after working on it.have head milled and pressure checked and if its not to warped or cracked reinstall or replace and it will run sweet.good luck,,,dont let anyone talk you into just putting gasket in without haveing it checked for warp/cracks,,you will be wasting your time and money
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ahh ok thank you. hope its only that and not burned or cracked valves :( appreciate it
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

if the valves are burned its from a timing or lean fuel mixture,if you overheat from a water pump or leak you get a wapped or craced head
alex3ohio

Post by alex3ohio »

Might need new rings

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”