Seat & Mounting Bracket Pics

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Seat & Mounting Bracket Pics

Post by GregoryChristian »

got these off ebay a few weeks ago and installed the passenger seat over the weekend, still waiting for harnesses to arrive before installing the driver seat....then finally clean up welds and paint brackets black

Last edited by GregoryChristian on April 4th, 2006, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Hey can u post some pics of the seat rails, or mounts

thanks
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

not gunna lie your car continually impresses me.. props on the seats and if i may ask how much you paid. And how was the install?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Yes, please post pics of your brackets.
Im having a heck of a time trying to get brackets for my seats to work.

Every bracket I try seems to be too darn tall!!!!!
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

here is some pics of my rough draft mounting brackets ...still need to paint them and clean them up some .. :)

JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Man this is sweet...do you have the measurements at where you did the welds...I am looking into buying some similar seats, and will have to pay someone to do the welds for me. You might even want to post this as FAQ, I have heard alot of complaints that when Aftermarket seats are installed that head room becomes extremely insufficent.
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I have a better idea. Make some more and sell them!
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

I lost about an inch of headroom ...I cut the mounting hole brackets from the original seat brackets ,and rewelded them to some galvanized metal bars that were laying around at work....not hard to do just had to measure and cut new brakets and bend the outer end so the seat would set level :)
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

exactly why you should make more and sell them. Easy for you to make, convenient for others who don't know how, or don't have the means to do so.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

only one problem, where am I gonna get all the original mounting brackets from the stock seats so that I can cut off the mounting hole brackets... :shrug:
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

haha peopel could send them to you and then you could make em. But i'm sure it really woudlnt' be that hard to do them yourself.

Or a junkyard.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
gregair

Post by gregair »

looking good. i like those. i need new seats.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”