Custom LED taillight setup

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Urbanconcept

Custom LED taillight setup

Post by Urbanconcept »

Here are some in progress pics of the taillights I have been working on for some time now. They are rough as you can see and still need a bit more resin and a lot of sanding. I'm also puting up pics of the LED's I will be using and the non LED parts I will be using for reverse and turn signals.

LED taillight

Turn signals (yes I am using marker lights as turn signals and as reverse lights as they are 12 volt. Less output for reversing but I needed something to indicate to other drivers that I am reversing.)

Custom housing

Last edited by Urbanconcept on April 4th, 2006, 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That first pic is ofa side marker not a tail light. :lol:

Sorry, had to
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

The LED light pic up on there is from a truck. It's a stop/turn light and def not a marker light.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Nice cusotmer work.. on ly mx3 to ever have ur lights :D unique is nice.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Thanks man.
gregair

Post by gregair »

i want to see what they look like at night installed
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I will post night pics once they are finished and on the car. It won't be for some time though as its the end of the school year.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm looking forward to seeing them done, too. Good work, so far.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Thanks man. Trust me, I want them finished asap too. I'm waiting to install my oem sideskirts and a new rear bumper all at the same time (saves on having to paint them seperately).
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I sat down the other day and thought the whole lighting situation out again. Im going to be making some changes to what I originally planned. Im going to extend the signal and the reverse light housing parts out a tiny bit to accomodate the factory wiring and bulb (make them plug and play). The smaller bulbs just won't cut it as they are way too small and not enough light output. So what I'm going to do is use the cone shape from the smaller marker lights and custom mount a new housing piece that will fit the larger bulbs. I think it will be much better in the long run, not to mention the ease of not having to alter the existing harness for them lol.
HB2k

Post by HB2k »

wow this is looking pretty good. cant wait to see them finished. :D

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”