JSPEC Short Shifter

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jamario

JSPEC Short Shifter

Post by jamario »

I did a search and found nada. Does anyone have a JSPEC Short Shifter in their mx-3. Holla at me if you do?
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
Boris

Post by Boris »

B&M makes short shifters for mx3s I think.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Yea I don't know what you mean by a JSPEC short shifter...
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

catch phrase (jspec) (JDM) EUROspec
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:catch phrase (jspec) (JDM) EUROspec
As far as I know, no OEM spec was "short".
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
facko

Post by facko »

i think he's talking about those "JSPEC Short Shifters" on ebay that are like 20 or 30 bucks. i always wondered about those myself but just went with the "you get what you pay for" assumption :?
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

facko wrote:i think he's talking about those "JSPEC Short Shifters" on ebay that are like 20 or 30 bucks. i always wondered about those myself but just went with the "you get what you pay for" assumption :?

I do belive you are right good sir As seen here.

I had a Pacesetter and was quite content with it. Being adjustable it helped to be able to have it as close to the exsaust as possible without hitting it. Although we could have gone lower if we moved the exsaust over slightly which there is more than enough room to do.

As for the product, i dont think i would buy it simply on the premis that its too cheap to be worthwhile. If cost were that big of an issue i would get one of my friends with a welder to modify a stock shifter for me.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

If its the same as the one I've seen previously, which it looks like, there's nothing at all wrong with them - good value.

But even at $30 I'd go the mod your OEM one way (unless you want to keep your original shifter).

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”