-

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BatMX3Man

-

Post by BatMX3Man »

-
Last edited by BatMX3Man on August 10th, 2021, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

These have been around for about 11 or 12 years now. I believe Laser is a Dutch company. They look and sound similar to the Remus or Jetex exhaust systems for the MX-3. Currently there is no North American distributor for Laser since the line was drop by one of the Canada importers a couple years ago.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

This brings to mind an exhaust/muffler system the was quite popular at the race tracks 20 years ago. Motorcycles had these slip on pipes that had external baffle plates at the end cap of the muffler (all stainless of course). One could tune the exhaust by the simple adding or removing of these external plates. I eventually saw similar applications on cars as an add on performance item. Dang, can't remember the name of the muffler either?????? Anyway, haven't seen anything similar since.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

jschrauwen wrote:This brings to mind an exhaust/muffler system the was quite popular at the race tracks 20 years ago. Motorcycles had these slip on pipes that had external baffle plates at the end cap of the muffler (all stainless of course). One could tune the exhaust by the simple adding or removing of these external plates. I eventually saw similar applications on cars as an add on performance item. Dang, can't remember the name of the muffler either?????? Anyway, haven't seen anything similar since.
I think you are thinking of Supertrapp mufflers

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”