Still not working!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Shiverptb

Still not working!!

Post by Shiverptb »

Ok i replaced my timing belt and the water pump and after that the car jus dies on me at random times! mostly on the freeway and highway and other times i jus cant get it to start it mostly happens after i get it to normal opertaing temperature! i now replaced my fuel filter and pump! and the pressure is good! i had ideas about maybe a bad fuel rail!? any ideas?
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Did you get all of the timing marks lined up when you replaced the belt?
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

um have u done the hei mod? seems like the problem i had with the disty..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yup sounds like the common disty prob... I got a remanufactured one from a probe and got lucky cause its been working along time.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Why was the fuel pump replaced? You should be getting some CEL codes should you not?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Before you go reaplcing the disty or doing the HEI mod check some simple things or tell us that you have already checked them.

Look at the disty cap and rotor. Are they burned, worn down nipples, scorching discoloration (they will be a drown to dark grey normally)

Also, when were the plugs and wires replaced?
Did you check the timingwhen you were finshed?
Did you reset the TPS? (throttle position sensor)
Is the air filter clean?
Have you checked for vaccum leaks? In the main intake tube if it is still stock and not a CAI or any of the little vaccum hoses.
Does the car studder at all when driving or at idle?
Does it idle at 500-750 RPM all the time without bouncing or studdering
(when warm)?
Always check the easy things first, then move to the harder to check and more expesive to replace.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Len Lewin

Post by Len Lewin »

I had the exact same symptoms. It was my disty.
Shiverptb

ok here wat ive done

Post by Shiverptb »

Ok yea!
i replaced the pulgs wires air filter and the disty jus last year yes the timing marks are all lined up and the timing was already adjusted im goin to check the disty and it idles normal after it get to normal temperature but thats when it starts to die on me its gotten alot worse! other than that this all started when i replaced the timing belt and water pump and the radiator i replaced the fuel pump and filter because it was a suggestion from my mechanic and now the fuel pressure reg! that was a kewl 300 for nothing . ill check the disty again but iono wat will happen but i did notice one thing when it was first installed one of the top wires has to be plugged in to bottom! kinda weird iono i think my mech messed up thatll be good if it is the disty cause i still got warranty!
max kl

Post by max kl »

the car will dye if it looses the crank positon sensor and it is located right in front of the timing cover
check the wire make shure ifs not pinched or torn

also don rule out your dist. a new part is just as likley to be bad or fail as a used part

a hard learned lesson is N.E.W.
never
ever
worked
just cus its new dont mean it ant good
throwing parts at a problem will ussually cause more probs from install errors and new parts that are bad
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”