Gauging GB interest LSD Tranny with Axles

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Gauging GB interest LSD Tranny with Axles

Post by Mnemonic »

K guys I might have the connection in getting us LSD transmissions. I've been talking to a guy in Malaysia for awhile about getting me one with axles. He agreed that he would source me one, after talking to him some more about the subject, he might be intrested in shipping a few of them over here.

So the question is, is anyone intrested? The cost for tranny and axles will be between 700-800 US(this does not include cost for shipping, but does include donation to mx-3.com) I'm still working out that part of the details. the transmissions and axles will be coming from the LSD version of the Lantis.

So who's intrested?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Gauging GB interest LSD Tranny with Axles

Post by jschrauwen »

Mnemonic wrote:K guys I might have the connection in getting us LSD transmissions. I've been talking to a guy in Malaysia for awhile about getting me one with axles. He agreed that he would source me one, after talking to him some more about the subject, he might be intrested in shipping a few of them over here.
So the question is, is anyone intrested? The cost for tranny and axles will be between 700-800 US(this does not include cost for shipping, but does include donation to mx-3.com) I'm still working out that part of the details. the transmissions and axles will be coming from the LSD version of the Lantis.
So who's intrested?
I'm very interested in getting a couple of sets of axles only since I already have a ZE tranny (LSD?? from MS8). Will those Lantis axles be the correct length and fit for the MX3 without modification? As it stands now, my LSD was going to sit and collect dust in the garage since there's no direct fitting axle application available or even a blend of axles to accomplish a working axle). This would be a godsend for me provided that those Lantis axles are a direct fit into the MS8 LSD tranny. In your dialogue with your Malaysian supplier, perhaps you can get details about my particular situation and a price on that since I'd look at 2 sets if the price was reasonable enough. Always going to need a back-up.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I'll have him look into it, the reason we decided to do the lantis is they use the same body that the mx3 does (same chasis code) so he was pritty sure they would fit, to be honest i think it would be a good idea for him to take a set of axles and maybe go to a salvage yard and see if they fit. He's a friend 1st before a supplier and it was my idea about getting the transmissions so I'm sure he wont scre us over.

Ill keep you up todate with what they find out, his club has 46 lantis members so there shouldnt be a problem obtaining the information may take me a few days as when i'm awake he's asleep and when i'm asleep he's awake :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

mmm I'd be interested in this lsd tranny, one problem. I already got custom axles made for my car. If I swap this tranny in I guess my axles won't longer fit. I doubt stock axles would hold the power. Any chance getting better axles ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
kiwi_MX3

Re: Gauging GB interest LSD Tranny with Axles

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

jschrauwen wrote:
Mnemonic wrote:K guys I might have the connection in getting us LSD transmissions. I've been talking to a guy in Malaysia for awhile about getting me one with axles. He agreed that he would source me one, after talking to him some more about the subject, he might be intrested in shipping a few of them over here.
So who's intrested?
I'm very interested in getting a couple of sets of axles only since I already have a ZE tranny (LSD?? from MS8). Will those Lantis axles be the correct length and fit for the MX3 without modification? As it stands now, my LSD was going to sit and collect dust in the garage since there's no direct fitting axle application available or even a blend of axles to accomplish a working axle). This would be a godsend for me provided that those Lantis axles are a direct fit into the MS8 LSD tranny. In your dialogue with your Malaysian supplier, perhaps you can get details about my particular situation and a price on that since I'd look at 2 sets if the price was reasonable enough. Always going to need a back-up.

Go and pull the stub out of your gearbox john and take a photo
of it against a ruler, you might be very surprised to see that
Jspec MX6 gear will fit.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Those trannies 4.38 or 4.11?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

omg i tell you im swapping to mtx in like 2 months if u can hold this off for then i will have the money for you! im interested! ok im not knowledgable on lsd's but this tranny would spin both tires instead of one with an open diff? its pretty much both tires are always getting power correct?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

another question since we seem to require these axles if we break one or the cv starts to go then what? we need to source another one of those out? how hard are they to get?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Since the Lantis is the same chasis, but came stock with a LSD KF-ZE the axles from the Lantis should fit just fine. If they break you only need to use the Lantis tranny axle and have it rebuilt. You can have this done at any performance axle shop.
Bby Blue, you might be able to use your beefy axles with the inner cup of the drivers Lantis axle to make beefy lantis axles, but without the Lantis axle there is no telling. Your passanger side beefy axle should be a direct swap for the Lantis version.
This is also exciting since with these axles we can finally get the other LSD guys some axles that work with our JDM LSD trannies. (maybe not, but we'll see if this goes through)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Chemical

m

Post by Chemical »

Oh thats a Lantis! We call em 323f here. :roll:

oh and does the 2.0 litre V6 go straight into the MX3?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yes
2.0v6 goes right in
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mx3stylez

Post by mx3stylez »

hmmm, was planning on getting the phantom grip, but this sounds interesting
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

phantom grip is s--- trust me
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sounds interesting
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

So the tranny and axle's might be a direct swap? very interesting. If i was not spending so much money on my turbo set up i might try this...damn i need another job.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”