Need Bushings

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
JYOUNYA1

Need Bushings

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I have looked all over the net and I cannot find anyone except SRD that makes suspension bushings for everything in the wheel wells, and engine bay. Does anyone know off hand were I can find some? I am new to bushings.

~Jay
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

I'm wondering the same thing, i havent put any time into looking into it, but it would be interesting.

Bochek
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Which bushings in particular? There really aeren't that many for our cars. Corksport.com has some of them though.
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I believe the control arm bushings...there are some bushings in my tire wells that look like they have be squashed...I am getting alot of wheel hop...if I try to burn out, my wheels hop instead of catching street and screaming...it is embarassing. I was told I need new bushings to whip my tires to scream.
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

SRD is a great company with good prices and great products. I have all of Luke's bushings and love them. He has been a long time owner of the MX-3 and a great supporter through his company SRD. Buy his stuff and you'll be happy.

BTW, I don't know anyone who makes bushings for the MX except SRD.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
JYOUNYA1

need a picture of bushings in the wheel well please

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

The reason why I ask is that I dont knwo what I am looking at...I wanna say control arm bushing ...that particular knuckle is close to the brake assembly...and the rubber thing looks like a rubber ball that has exploded and squished...if someone knows what this is, please let me know how I can obtain a new one.
jaydog5678

Re: need a picture of bushings in the wheel well please

Post by jaydog5678 »

JYOUNYA1 wrote:The reason why I ask is that I dont knwo what I am looking at...I wanna say control arm bushing ...that particular knuckle is close to the brake assembly...and the rubber thing looks like a rubber ball that has exploded and squished...if someone knows what this is, please let me know how I can obtain a new one.
Control arm bushings connect the lower control arm to the sub frame. The bushing in the front needs to be pressed in if you are using Mazdaspeeds. The rear control arm bushing is a bolt on application for Mazdaspeed.

If I'm reading you right, you're talking about the lower ball joint, Right? It connects the lower control are to the knuckle.
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I think we are on same page...if you are looking at the tire well...the knuckle assembly sits behind and to the uppper right of the brake rotor...I think I need the little rubbery piece that in that knuckle. You say Mazda speed sells them?

~Jay
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

If you are talking about the tie rod end, it will be located on the south side of the hub...oposite the brakes. This is where your steering connects to your hub. The boot is supposed to be somewhat smushed but it should not be busted or cracked. This is a Tie Rod end:

North of the Tie Rod is the Sway Bar link. Which looks like this:

The lower ball joint is what the bottom of the hub sits on. This is what it looks like.

The above things are not exactly bushings though. The Bushings that SRD sells are for the controll arm itself and look like this:
Image (picture from SRDperformance.com)
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

So cool....right on the money...I know for a fact that the first pic from the top and the third pic from the top that both of them do not look anything remotely the way those pictured do...like I mention mine are squished to about the size of about 1 1/2 centimeters. Do you know where I can purchace those?

Thanks ccreech
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

auto parts store......
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Yeah, most places have them. I don't know what is in your area but those shots were off of http://www.partsamerica.com That is the website for Advance Auto Parts. They should have them in stock somewhere close by, and if you pay in advance they will have them transfered to your store usually overnight sometimes it takes 3 days.

One important note. The Lower Ball Joint part number changed in 1993. Parts America.com does a good job of showing this. If your car was produced in February of 1993 or Before you need part number 1014708.
If your car was manufactured in March of 1993 or After then you need part number 1014396. The nipple that goes into the hub is a good bit larger on the 3/93 + models and the two are most deffinately NOT interchangable.

These are the Beck/Arnley Part numbers for the whole ball joint. There are other manufacturers and I believe some places sell the componants to rebuild your existing Ball joint.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”