Mazdaspeed upper strut mounts?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Shades

Mazdaspeed upper strut mounts?

Post by Shades »

I live in Vancouver, Canada... up here we don't have Mazdaspeed at your local Mazda dealer. So I can't order them... I figure I should use new strut mounts with my new Mazdaspeed struts.

I was wondering if anyone knows how and where to get Mazdaspeed upper strut mounts? I've heard they look the same as if I was to order just stock upper strut mounts... true? But do they feel any firmer?

Does anyone have any part numbers? If worse come to worse I'll drive down to the boarder and order some from the dealer in WA.

Does anyone remember what they paid for a set?
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Dealers don't sell them (even Us dealers who sell MS stuff) and for the price I'd buy the strut mounts from Eibach first. If you NEED MS mounts you can get them from CorkSport or directly from MS if you have a racing account with them.

For the Eibach ones look at RockAuto.com I think they well them at a decent price.

PS, I am not 100% sure it is Eibach that makes them, but it is a common performance part manufacturer. You'll know it when you see them at RockAuto.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Shades

Post by Shades »

Thanks Pat!

All I could find on that site was Moog, KYB and AcDelco, no Eibach... I think I might just go with Moog as they make excellent bushings.

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

KYB was who I was thinking of. They are the same stiffness as the MS upper mounts if I remember correctly. You can contact KYB for the rating if you'd like, but Moog is a good product too.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Shades

Post by Shades »

Thanks for your advice.

Yeah I didn't think that MS strut mount were worth $110US... when I can get Moog or KYB for $50US, and if they're very comparable that's a bonus!

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Shades wrote:Thanks for your advice.

Yeah I didn't think that MS strut mount were worth $110US... when I can get Moog or KYB for $50US, and if they're very comparable that's a bonus!
Well, call me Helen Keller, but it looks to me like Corksport's site says 'Priced as pairs.' for the Mazdaspeed strut mounts.

Did you call them to verify the $110 is for one for for a pair?
Shades

Post by Shades »

It's for a pair... and I need 2 pair.

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Shades wrote:It's for a pair... and I need 2 pair.
Well, as far as I can tell, the MOOG and KYB are sold individually. They sell both brands at rockauto.com. The KYB are about $40 each, and the Moog are about $50 each. The front mounts for KYB don't come with the bearing, whereas the Moog do. Also, Rockauto has the Monroe mounts which are $40 a piece WITH the bearing.

But if you're looking at the MOOG fr $50 a pop, I don't understand how the Mazdaspeed are so obnoxiously overpriced at $110 for the pair. You should find out if those come with the bearings for the front ones at that price, though.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I looked up the Moog part number on the Moog website and it's for the Kit which comes with 2. That might make more sense.

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Shades wrote:I looked up the Moog part number on the Moog website and it's for the Kit which comes with 2. That might make more sense.
Are you sure 'Quantity Per' is per car, or per kit? The descriptions and pictures on the ither sites lead me to believe you buy each individually. The Federal Mogul site also says their pistons are 'Quantity Per 6' for MX6 pistons, but the part number sells for $30 a pop, and I know damned sure a set of six pistons isn't $30.
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

I know the MS mounts are 40% stiffer than OEM, but i beleive they are still rubber, not poly.

i just logged onto MSM:

rear upper mounts - $69 (just says 2 required)
front upper mounts - $36 (just says 2 required)

not sure if it's per mount or per pair...but not outragously pricey for competition parts.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”