Is it true?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
whitezombie666

Is it true?

Post by whitezombie666 »

I heard a rumor that an mx-6 is faster than an mx-3 is this true? if so is it faster than an mx-3 with a v6 in it?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Yes, its true - unless you wanna beef up the mx3 some....
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Yeah it's true, for the most part. The MX-6 was engineered to be a bit faster, as it's in a bit higher of a price bracket. Mazda couldnt justify the higher prce of the MX6 without a little bit of added performance.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

There not to much faster, I have raced a probe gt (auto though) and beat it, mx6 wouldnt win by much.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

The mx-6 is a nice bit faster

the stock mx-3 is very slow
bad_sk8er87

Post by bad_sk8er87 »

Mines stock and im beating everybody on the road.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition. No Mods yet.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

bad_sk8er87 wrote:Mines stock and im beating everybody on the road.
I highly doubt that...
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

tempos don't count
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Drewation

Post by Drewation »

relisys_3200 wrote:
tempos don't count
but we can beat stock fagfires and queeraliers
*new* 1995 Blaze Red MX-3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drewationmx3
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Drewation wrote:
relisys_3200 wrote:
tempos don't count
but we can beat stock fagfires and queeraliers
Not the 2000 SunFlowers I mean Sunfires and Cavaliers
Stock vs. Stock ofcourse they can easily take our cars :(
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

True that. :( Ever try and race a Z24 in a stock v6 MX3? be prepared to lose.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah the stock mx3 sucks :/ i have had some fun with my ghetto kf engine but i love it still :) the k8 ew :/ after i blow this one for sure ze without a doubt.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JYOUNYA1

Don't know if I have a KLDE, KLZE, or a K8

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Question...I have a GS that I bought back in 2002. When I first got it, I never serviced it...but immediately raced it...some what stock...with a wimpy exhaust mod...I beat a 2000 accord coupe 4 banger (we both were bumper to bumper, and in 3rd gear I started to leave him and at 90 MHP he was a full car length behind me. The integra I raced just got dusted...about 2-3 car lengths beind me at 80 mph. I went to switch out my waterpump yesterday only to find out that a 1993 waterpump (WP-880) did not fit my 93 GS...then I remember that the guy that sold it to me, had said he swap the engine out...come to find out my engine is newer than a 93...possibly a 94...but now I am wondering if my engine is a KL or KF...is it possible to but a k8 intake manny on a KD, or KL? And why would someone do that?

~Jay
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
Juans_93_MX3

Re: Don't know if I have a KLDE, KLZE, or a K8

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

JYOUNYA1 wrote:Question...I have a GS that I bought back in 2002. When I first got it, I never serviced it...but immediately raced it...some what stock...with a wimpy exhaust mod...I beat a 2000 accord coupe 4 banger (we both were bumper to bumper, and in 3rd gear I started to leave him and at 90 MHP he was a full car length behind me. The integra I raced just got dusted...about 2-3 car lengths beind me at 80 mph. I went to switch out my waterpump yesterday only to find out that a 1993 waterpump (WP-880) did not fit my 93 GS...then I remember that the guy that sold it to me, had said he swap the engine out...come to find out my engine is newer than a 93...possibly a 94...but now I am wondering if my engine is a KL or KF...is it possible to but a k8 intake manny on a KD, or KL? And why would someone do that?

~Jay
What type of Integra?
As for the Accord, I wouldnt doudt it. Those 4 doors are pretty heavy
Nothing big though because a V6 would of spanked you
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
relisys_3200

Re: Don't know if I have a KLDE, KLZE, or a K8

Post by relisys_3200 »

JYOUNYA1 wrote:Question...I have a GS that I bought back in 2002. When I first got it, I never serviced it...but immediately raced it...some what stock...with a wimpy exhaust mod...I beat a 2000 accord coupe 4 banger (we both were bumper to bumper, and in 3rd gear I started to leave him and at 90 MHP he was a full car length behind me. The integra I raced just got dusted...about 2-3 car lengths beind me at 80 mph. I went to switch out my waterpump yesterday only to find out that a 1993 waterpump (WP-880) did not fit my 93 GS...then I remember that the guy that sold it to me, had said he swap the engine out...come to find out my engine is newer than a 93...possibly a 94...but now I am wondering if my engine is a KL or KF...is it possible to but a k8 intake manny on a KD, or KL? And why would someone do that?

~Jay

Well if you were bumper to bumper with a 4cyl accord, I would doubt you have a kl or even a kf....but you can check anyways. Just look at the head code to see what it says
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”