Looking to buy a MX-3

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Scotty

Looking to buy a MX-3

Post by Scotty »

Hey everyone just joined thought and would say hi and...

Im looking at buying a MX-3 in the next month or so...And I was wondering what they go for? what to look for? and if anyones got one for sale? Im looking to spend around $2000 Im located In Agassiz BC (in between Chillwack and Hope)I was a previous RX-7 owner and love Mazdas :D

-Scott
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

for $2000 you are likely to get an RS (the 4 cyl version) in the 92-94 years with around 150-200k kms. At least as far as I have seen.

Good condition MX-3s, especially later model GS's with low kms, can go for up to almost $10k to give you a ballpark.

Other than that, welcome!

James "RoundTop" Magnan
1996 MX-3 GS with Corksport upper strut tower bars, PRN cold air intake, grill insert, custom leather shifter boot, Pioneer stereo, Toyo Proxes 4 tires
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

thanks man.ive seen them in the buy&sell for pretty cheap but just as long as I get a good body then I can rebuild the engine, Id think if I were to get a 4 banger verison that it would be pretty easy to swap to the V6.And these motors can be turbocharged too right?
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

There are a large amount of differences between the RS and GS

The entire engine compartment is slightly different, and you can't put a GS V6 in a RS compartment unless you move EVERYTHING over.

Also, the GS has a lower rear tie bar and slightly better suspension. As well the steering wheel lock-to-lock is lower for the GS (faster response).

AND the RS has disc front drum back, GS is four disc brakes. To convert to this take replacing the master brake cylinder.

If you get an RS you are better off trying to find the BPT engine which is a 1.6L 4cyl turbo from the old 323 turbo.

For a GS you can replace with the KL-DE, KL-ZE, K8-ZE, or KJ-DE (2.5L north american, 2.5L jap, 1.8L jap, 2.0L north american respectively) and then add a turbo (they are all the same dimentions)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

for the RS there is a B6T which is 1.6.

and the BPT 1.8
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

thanks round top for the info im just gonna save myself the trouble and stick to the GS. I really like the little V6 idea Mazda came out with I think thats the coolest motor, I really wanna turbo charge it. Little V6 like that shoulden't run into troubles ive seen with large 4 bangers like poping the head gaskets and it will put out plenty of exaust to spin that turbo for some big boost.And a DOHC 24 valve what more could you ask for? I love this engine, can't say same thing for the stock look of the car but a bodykit will fix that up nicely :twisted:
ivorykaine

mx-3 v6 GS For sale

Post by ivorykaine »

Hey man I have a white 1992 Mx-3 GS V6 for sale if you want and im only selling it for 3500.00 There is only a dent on the passenger rear fender that can be pulled out with a plunger or a dent puller. I have all the receipts for work done and there is some parts i put in that are on wrranty and have all the papers for those. It has the original owners manual to and there has only been 3 owners since purchase from mazda. I dont want it anymore cause i hvae a 1992 honda prelude. if you want let me know and i can give you more details
r1cer4l1fe

Post by r1cer4l1fe »

I know your looking at 2000ish, but if your able to spend a bit more I have a 93 for sale. Its my wifes car, but its a bit much sticking our 2 young kids in the back. We are looking to buy a van so this must go. I did a bit of work to it, and it has been babied. Comes with 2.5" custom exhaust, black aftermarket tail lights, 17" rims as well as 15" snows that were used for 1.5 seasons(lots left), genII indiglo gauges. Strong car that looks and runs good.
4100obo.

Hit me up at ematties@telus.net if your interested.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

why did they even bother making the rs if they wre just gonna change everything for the gs ahahah
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
moorekaylin

Post by moorekaylin »

I'm trying to sell a 1995 mx3 Black but it will need work done to the right fender and door. It has 1.6 dual cam 4 cyc, 5 speed, K&N airfilter, koni shocks, eibach lowered suspension, aftermarket exhaust, alarm system, cd player. Run Great. You can e-mail at moorekaylin@yahoo.com and make offer. If you would like a pic. please e-mail and i can send you one
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

why did they even bother making the rs if they wre just gonna change everything for the gs ahahah
Why did they put a crappy 1.8 litre in our cars? Should have used the 2.5 in the NA MX-6 and saved the trouble.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”