Recommend a Mechanic in Toronto for Crank Sensor replace?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
neumann

Recommend a Mechanic in Toronto for Crank Sensor replace?

Post by neumann »

I have a done a search but haven't seen much. This is understandable given that much of what is being discussed is either by do it yourselfers or specialized engine swap stuff.

Most of the major stuff that needs to be done on my car has been done, but I need to replace the Crank Position Sensor. I would like to find someone who could do this without too much hassle.

One of the helpful members of this board (Trevor) gave me some pointers on the procedure. I am competent to do minor stuff like oil changes and manual transmission fluid change but my garage is unheated and poorly lit, so the removal and reinstall of engine components in winter is not practical for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Price is a factor simply because I am not trying to put a ton of money into the car, but I am more concerned about somebody trying to sell me more work than I need, than I am about actual shop rates. eg someone honest and good who charges a higher hourly rate but does things efficiently is vastly preferable to someone cheap but slow or trying to upsell other services.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Do it yourself. It is two bolts and one connector. It runs right up the timing cover and is easy to get to if you take the wheel and wheel well off.
Otherwise any half-brained mechanic can do it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

This may be just what you're looking for. I've talked to him a few times on the phone and appears to be above board. A past avid MX3'r who knows his way around the K-series engines. Good luck

Xtreme Automotive (Danny)
#1 Stienway Blvd, Unit 13 ( near Steeles and Hwy27 I believe??)
Wk 1-416-213-0034;
Hm 1-416-839-5331 or toll free;
1-877-217-0034

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
neumann

Thanks

Post by neumann »

Thanks for the info. I will check out Xtreme. Sounds like just what I am looking for. Someone who is familiar with these cars and for whom this will be a quick and easy job.

I would try and do this myself but I would probably have to wait until April when I bring out my summer car and my garage is warmer than minus 10 and I have daylight to work with. I probably also want to replace the air intake hose. I can't see any breaks in it but it is acting like there is some leakage.

I figure its worth it to pay someone to do it now, rather than wait 4 months to do it myself. The biggest problem for me is environmental, but i would not even qualify as a half brained mechanic. I can get most things done that I need to, but it potentially wold take me waaaaaaaay longer than ideal. Most things I want to do to the car I will have all summer to do, and my incompetence has time to work itself out.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Sorry its not confirmed but I believe Extreme Auto has moved or closed for business
ImageImageImageImageImage
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

ya, i was going to get him to do my exhaust, but the number no longer worked when i tried getting ahold of him

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”