Car Wants To Die When Cluthe Is In

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

Car Wants To Die When Cluthe Is In

Post by shawno »

Hey i was hoping some one could answer me a question. My drives fine and the car and sit and idle for ever little ruff but is fine too.

So I start to drive its fine goes good, but when i start to come to a stop at the lights and i push in the cluthe the rpms drop and the car always allmost stalls and sometimes does. all the lights come on and the rpm is at 0, but then i do nothing and then it starts goin good again, this happens every time.

Oh the only time this does happen is only when the car isnt completely warmed up.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You need to clean the intake with sime intake cleaner, time the motor, adjust the TPS and reset the idle.
Do a search for how to time and set the TPS. Cleaning hte intake will make the car blow black stinky smoke for about 30 minutes, but it will stop and the car will run better after the cleaner dries out in a day at most. Buy the intake cleaner at any auto parts store and the directions for use are on the back of the can.
Setting hte TPS is easy a search will find the directions. I'm too lazy to tell you since SOOO many people have written it before, myself included.
Setting the idle is also super easy.
The timing will require two people so get a hand to help you. One person holds the timing gun and reads the timing the other moves the disty back and forth to adjust the timing while you read it and tell them which way to move the disty. (This will make more sense when you've read how to time the motor)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Actually, before you go through all that. There are two sensers on the transmision. 1. is a back-up sensor and tell the car when you are in reverse and puts the reverse lights on. The other is the neutral switch and tells the car when you are in neutral and cathces the idle from falling too low and stalling. I'd bet you have a broken wire to the neutral switch or the switch is bad.
If you don't see anything take it to a shop and have them test the neutral switch. If it is bad replace it. If it is good then do what I posted before. One of the two should fix the dropping RPM when in neutral.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Neutral switch/relay info, testing and location was just covered by Grants in the electrical forum.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”