Gas lines Freezing

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3autozam

Gas lines Freezing

Post by mx3autozam »

Ok. I think my fuel system has some problesm freezing. I run gas line antifreeze and its only been a max of -10 so far this winter. I've had my fuel lines freeze on me at work a few weeks ago. Luckily I work at Canadian tire and we pushed the car into the shop where its warm and left it there overnight. It started up fine the next day. Right now its frozen again and it has 3/4 of a tank of Sunoco Ultra 94. I pushed it into my heated garage for awhile.

Has anyone ever had these problems before

Also when I replace my alternator I had the front end of the car jacked up. When I was done and cleaned everything up I noticed fuel on the ground right by the gas tank. Could there be a leak up on teh top of my tank somehwre possibly teh fuel pump or line. It ahsn't leaked before that and hasn't leaked after that. But also condensation could be getting in there.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

you have water in your system,gas tank has drain plug,run it low then drain it,,keep running gas antifreez and good luck.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I beleave there sa product called "HEAT" that you can get to help remove it.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Sounds like a leak for sure is causing your issues :shock: obviously. If you get caught again with the car not starting, then try turing your car ignition on wait 5 seconds and then off. Repeat this about five times so your gas lines get primed. Sounds to me your getting air in your lines. Get this repaired. It may take a while but check all your lines for damage. Your best bet though would be to change your lines no matter what as if one is failing, the others usually follow!!! I don't know how many Honda's I have fixed for people with this exact problem but my friend only tell me to fix one line and insist against my recomendation......then they come back to me a couple months l8tr. Good luck and I hope this helps. :welder:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

been in a heated garage for 5hours and its warm in there and still won't start...if u crank it,,it will turn over but then just die.
The plugs are soaked in fuel. Could there be something else wrong. like a bad disty.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
MX3 GSR for dummies

First you have to check for spark. Just remove one spark plug and take booster cable or a piece of wire and ground it to the body of car, then take other end and attach it to threads of spark plug. Keep spark plug plugged into your wires. Turn over the car and observe spark. Look for 3 things....Red spark is a weak spark, blue is strong and good, and nothing is a problem. Repeat this test with all cylinders and right down findings and post. If it is the disty, I have a very easy HEI install instructions to fix this (9 times out of 10 the module in disty goes) and I can e-mail them to you. Good luck!
P.S..Also check the intake for cracks or leaks in the intake pipe, this can result in your car starting but then immediately stalling, if it is the intake, do a quick fix and tape leaks.

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

is your HEI How to the same as the one on Gro Harlems website projectmazda.com

I'm gunna try that 2morrow.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
MX3 GSR for dummies

mx3autozam wrote:is your HEI How to the same as the one on Gro Harlems website projectmazda.com

I'm gunna try that 2morrow.

John
Actually no, it's one I put together for some owners as the ones on the site are confusing....at least I spent an extra hour working on the car because of it. My info is more of a HEI FOR DUMMIES. It uses discriptive words rather than the proper terms. I put it together for a friend who had no clue about cars or electronics and he was done in just over a half hour! It would be good to get all sources instructions anyways, thats what I did when I first attempted the install. If you want the pics and instructions, just pm me with your e-mail and I'll set you up!
~SteveO~

lowflyinmx3

Re: Gas lines Freezing

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I hate to bring up and old topic but it's better than making a new one. My 94 GS has a gas leak by the left rear tire. It seems to be bad only when the tank is more than 3/4 full and when i just get off the highway. I can drive it around town and it won't leak at all, but after driving on the highway it will leave an 8 inch circle worth of gas after sitting for 10 minutes. Anyone else have this problem before. I look at the lines and the filler neck, but I could not see or feel any holes on the lines. Any ideas?
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

You could have some rust on your tank itself. Maybe on the top? Sloshes around and seeps maybe.
Sal

Post by Sal »

[quote="lowflyinmx3"]I hate to bring up and old topic but it's better than making a new one. My 94 GS has a gas leak by the left rear tire. It seems to be bad only when the tank is more than 3/4 full and when i just get off the highway. I can drive it around town and it won't leak at all, but after driving on the highway it will leave an 8 inch circle worth of gas after sitting for 10 minutes. Anyone else have this problem before. I look at the lines and the filler neck, but I could not see or feel any holes on the lines. Any ideas?[/quo

I had a similiar problem when i got my Mx. i had a gas and it was in fact my tank it had a bunch rust at the top of it and when i fill it up it would like leak. Just like you i couldn't fill it more 3/4 or else non-stop leak. Drive it until its barely empty and replace your tank.
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”