Bad disty and store wont help (lifetime warranty)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Bad disty and store wont help (lifetime warranty)

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok tomorrow I meet with their manager..so I did this.. I went with my b uddy luis who has a ze mx3, swapped ditributors and my car orks fine! i get the store one and missfires. They said either ill get my money back or another disty... Im taking legal action of they cant help (if i can)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

I would try swapping it one more time, making sure to get a new one. If it yields the same results, maybe I would try it on a friends car to see if it does the same thing. If it does then we rule out other factors. If it works OK in a friends car then (have him keep it and you keep his LOL) but seriuosly, I would check my cap, rotor & wires.

Be sure to set the base timing once installed.

Good luck!
Last edited by FlyVFR on December 7th, 2005, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
lakersfan1

Re: Bad disty and store wont help (lifetime warranty)

Post by lakersfan1 »

hgallegos915 wrote: They said either ill get my money back or another disty... Im taking legal action of they cant help (if i can)
THOSE BASTARDS!!!! How dare they offer you your money back!!??
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

hgallegos915 wrote:
They said either ill get my money back or another disty... Im taking legal action of they cant help (if i can)
lakersfan1 wrote:
THOSE BASTARDS!!!! How dare they offer you your money back!!??

LOL...

When in doubt.... swap it out!
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
rebel2k4

Re: Bad disty and store wont help (lifetime warranty)

Post by rebel2k4 »

hgallegos915 wrote: They said either ill get my money back or another disty... Im taking legal action of they cant help (if i can)
LMAO...

I had a friend that had a similar problem. Turns out he had the plug wires mixed up after he swore up and down they were right :roll:

Seriously though dude, relax. Legal action? Give me a f'in break.

Make sure you got it right and just have them swap it out for you. they sound like the reasonable ones, and you just need to take it easy.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

got a new disty..drives like new... after around 400 dollars if swapping everything else.. they forcefully swapped it when i mentioned the police... car runs..now ignition key cylinder dies..dam this car.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

hgallegos915 wrote:got a new disty..drives like new... after around 400 dollars if swapping everything else.. they forcefully swapped it when i mentioned the police... car runs..now ignition key cylinder dies..dam this car.
LOL...Story of my life too. I fixed my idle by installing KL31 ECU and it ran like a dream...next day pulled a james bond and fired out the front of my car the crank pully. Oh the life of an mx-3 owner. :rant2:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

lol yeah ..fixed ignition.,.i twore the thing appart without messing the teeth order up, took out the locking bar (biggest silver key inside) out it back together and works :D my steering colum wont lock but who cares...the key ignition locks fine and car wont start without key :) this should be posted or someone should make a write up on how to fix it..im dumb so i cant write it lol beats paying over 100 dllrs for a new ignition cylinder
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”