I AM CANADIAN

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

I AM CANADIAN

Post by jschrauwen »

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?
1. Smarties
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. CURLING!!!! is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers a--
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts a--
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
23.A Canadian invented Superman.
24. We have colured money.
25. Our beer advertisments kick a--
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
26. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!
27. And we don't bomb our allies. Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.
I AM CANADIAN!!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Hrm...

Alexander Joy Cartwright (1820-1892) of New York invented the modern baseball field in 1845. Baseball was based on the English game of rounders. Rounders become popular in the United States in the early 19th century, where the game was called "townball", "base", or "baseball". Cartwright formalized the modern rules of baseball.

How is baseball Canadian?

:)

I could go on and on... :)
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i love canada we have cleaner air and we have less crime because we have gun laws
Always under construction
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

The US has gun laws too, we just have those who choose not to abide by them :)
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

Custommx3 wrote:Hrm...

Alexander Joy Cartwright (1820-1892) of New York invented the modern baseball field in 1845. Baseball was based on the English game of rounders. Rounders become popular in the United States in the early 19th century, where the game was called "townball", "base", or "baseball". Cartwright formalized the modern rules of baseball.

How is baseball Canadian?

:)

I could go on and on... :)

:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o

i m with u :D
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

:lol: the penicillin is from Semelweis Ignac. he was Hungarian

:lol:
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

I M HUNGARYAN

Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

That list is OLD..... did you just get it in a email forward or something? that list is like from a year or two ago, its lame
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Gabor wrote:21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

:lol: the penicillin is from Semelweis Ignac. he was Hungarian

A pioneer in the field of telecommunications, Alexander Graham Bell was born in 1847 in Edinburgh, Scotland. He moved to Ontario, and then to the United States, settling in Boston, before beginning his career as an inventor.

So actually you didnt invent the telephone :)
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Yea the list isn't even entirely accurate which is why it is lame, like come on people if you are going to spread stuff like this at least get the facts right.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..
This is only partially true, Canada did not push the Americans back to their "White House" it wasn't even white to begin with, theHouse was burned in retaliation and painted White afterwards which is how it became the "White House". The Americans pushed partially into Canada, not by much and Canada didn't even set much of a foot in to American territory.

If anyone is interested read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

This is only partially true, Canada did not push the Americans back to their "White House" it wasn't even white to begin with, theHouse was burned in retaliation and painted White afterwards which is how it became the "White House". The Americans pushed partially into Canada, not by much and Canada didn't even set much of a foot in to American territory.

If anyone is interested read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
No thanks, I like jschrauwen's version better. The truth is normally boring :D

Any more John?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

LOL
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote: Any more John?
I love shaking things up from time to time. I know the baseball, basketball thing would really stir the pot.

Andrew - Yes, email I got today ... never seen before and thought it would draw a little attention since like Franko said ... it's been a little dead around here lately ..... by the level of response, it doesn't seem to dead to me now.

No offence or ill will intended. Just a little brevity for those who wish to jump in.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

you forgot to mention a verry important thing....u mentioned the beer cases...but forgot about the BEER
one main point is that the 5 comes BEFORE the decimal here

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”