short shifter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mr_icez

short shifter

Post by mr_icez »

I am looking to buy a short shift for my v6 mx-3, but i dont know if there is a differents beteewn a 4 cly and a v6. Plus i am on my way to buy a KLZE with the v6 5spd from the mx-6, does any one if the mx-3 is the same as the mx-6.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Umm you have the V6 mx3. then yes the v6 from an mx6 will work. Do you already have a 5 speed? or are you doing a converersion from automatic to 5speed.(thats a big job) Umm the shortshifter will fit even if you put the mx6 motor in there. As far as i know v6 short shifters and 4 banger shortshifters are interchangeble....im only guessing this because everywhere ive seen them sold ive never seen two diff kinds for the diff motors. Could be wrong on that one.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Same.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

the 5 speed tranny is the same on the mx-3 and the mx-6, unless you get the JDM version of the mx-6 tranny with LSD in it. if that is the tranny that you plan to get then you will have to get a custom built drivers side axle, which is the problem i'm having right now. but let us know what you are planning so we can answer your questions better. the more specific you are, the easier the question is to answer. well usually anyway.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”