New User For Sale/Buy Section

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
Nd4SpdSe

New User For Sale/Buy Section

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I was thinking, maybe it would be a good idea for a sepereate section for new users to be able to sell items, since they tend to post their stuff anywhere, at least they can have their own isolated section, at least they can be happy and post their items, but we can put caution to those posts, knowing they have limited psots, cause there are some new users that are legit, and we are turning them away, although maybe those aren't the type of users we want, just joining the community to sell stuff, but still, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i agree we should have a seperate section keeps them happy and everyone else happy.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

New users tend to scam people too.. this is why we delete them if they do not have 30+ posts. Its more work for us, but it keeps users safe.
IF they do not read the rules, it gets deleted. If they continue after warned, they are banned.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

But see, your alienating new users. If someone really wants to sell something, for good or bad, they'll just becomes post whores until they do, then because they are "approved", they can sell whatever what want to sell. I"m just brining this up again because I've seen this with a few users trying to buy/sell items recently and bring up their post count to do so, and those aren't the users who are posting to sell items in other sections. That this with grain of salt, but this is what I would recommend

1) Limit the "Test" section to 30+ posts as well, this will slow down testing people do to bring up their post counts to the 30 level

2) Have a basic for Buy/Sale sections. This is will give any new user the ability to post and won't scare away legit new users (last thing we want is to discourage newcommers, especially since ours numbers are slow dwindling away), but this section should have a warning. Use as own risk. If you dont want to get scammed, don't checked out the section and make any deals. Now, I don't know the specifics on restrictions that can be applied on the UBB sections, but if it's possible, it could be like this:
- New users: Create new threads, and reply
- Regular users: reply only, cannot create new threads

This woul dbe handy for the user selling the JDM front bumper. He was required to spam to post on the board, but I personally know him and could vouch for him. however there are I'm sure users whom I dont know that are legitamite sellers.

3) Have your standard for sale/buy section, but raise the level to something like 100+. This will ensure people posting in this section are contributing users, especially since it's hard to spam to 100. or even higher if you would like. The restrictions could be something like:
- Regular users: Create and reply to threads.
- New users: Cannot create new threads, however they could be given the ability to reply, since buying users will typically pay before performing the transation, scamming should not exist except by the seller, which would be extremely disapointing for something with 100+ posts.

This would have been really handy for the new user whom was looking for a use SOHC engine, but required to spam to post in the for sale/buy section, although he was looking at purchasing and not selling an item.

Just my C$0.02
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hharb

Post by hharb »

I'm a new user to this website and what you're suggesting isn't the best solution.. fact is that you can't label users by the number of posts they have... i mean i could generate 30 posts and still be here to scam people.. and the opposite could be true as well. In your solution you are posing more restrictions and making things more complicated rather than simplifying things. The creators of this website made this small adjustment as a preventive measure to make others' lives easier, although it's not the best solution, i think it's quite smart and fair, and would reduce the fraud level. oh by the way.. i think i've been scammed already lol...
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I check new messages every day to see who and what people post. If I see the users posting random crap to up their post count.. I usually let them know. :)

The problem is, this site is funded on donations. People signing up to sell off their old car/parts, making a profit, and we still have to foot the bill? How is that fair to those who come on here and donate to keep the site alive? Those 1 post wonders as well as the people to sign up, scam, and never return are the whole reasoning behind the 30 post count. Its pretty much to build atleast some credit for yourself

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”