SHEA questions?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
onderground_mx3

SHEA questions?

Post by onderground_mx3 »

did shea(sp?) stop making lambo door hinges. i havn't seen anything on ebay lately
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Are you aware of his previous track history wrt this BB, his product and members of this BB?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
onderground_mx3

somwhat....but since he is currently the only one making mx-3 specfic hinges...you gotta do what you gotta do.......so i'll give him a shot i turst people way to easy
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

onderground_mx3 wrote:somwhat....but since he is currently the only one making mx-3 specfic hinges
not really specific or bolt-on i should say. sorry man.

you have to gring away behind the fenders before they will fit. i first talked him about getting these from him back when they were $450 WITH hinges on eBay and his answers to some basic questions scared me soo much that i didn't want to risk it.

i'd rather pay $1500 for more or less universal high quality hinges than get his. be careful with him. lack of availability, poor choice of materials, and complete lack of communication skills make it a hard buy for most people including myself.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
onderground_mx3

so how hard would it be to make a universal set fit?? anyone with a univesal set on here that i can bore with questions?
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey i bought some of Shea lambo door kit at first i was not happy at all nothing fit i had to grind the fender and pound it in , I have drill new holes and the were the shock mount was the hinge it self would hit the shock on the way down. and then when the door was up it would rest on the fender and it dented in huge messed it up real good. But after some mods i pretty much re engineered the kits all over again but now it works like a charm. I was a huge pain in my a-- but just the looks that ppl give you its great.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

yea f*ck shea.. they werent made correctly and wont fit without a lot of work (to the car and to the hinges themselves) and plus you basically have to make up your own instructions. better to buy from a company that has some kind of warrantee saying it will work lol
92 Autozam AZ3
Slade

Post by Slade »

shawno wrote:Hey i bought some of Shea lambo door kit at first i was not happy at all nothing fit i had to grind the fender and pound it in , I have drill new holes and the were the shock mount was the hinge it self would hit the shock on the way down. and then when the door was up it would rest on the fender and it dented in huge messed it up real good. But after some mods i pretty much re engineered the kits all over again but now it works like a charm. I was a huge pain in my a-- but just the looks that ppl give you its great.
So you live in Belleville and have lambos on your Mx-3? I will definately have to see them in the future.
monky20

Post by monky20 »

i have shays kit too...i had to re-design every thing....the kit was made for an other car.... he retro fitted it for an mx3....he did a half a-- job...i have pics of my redesign..dont know how to post...i would love to show..

Return to “Appearance”