(Quick question)What are the real 1/4mile times for a KLDE?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

(Quick question)What are the real 1/4mile times for a KLDE?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I have searched and I have seen mixed times
Anywhere form high 14s to low 15s and even mid 15s

What are the real 1/4mile times for a MX3 with a KLDE?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
bmwm3guy

Re: (Quick question)What are the real 1/4mile times for a KL

Post by bmwm3guy »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Anywhere form high 14s to low 15s and even mid 15s
:wink: all depends on the driver... but you hit the nail on the head.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Your question needs to be more specific. An MX-3 that has nothing but a KLDE in it, or a MX-3 that has a DE with headers, intake, 2.25 exhaust w/ highflow cat, K8 flywheel, better clutch, and the engine being well tuned(new filters, fuel lines, plugs, and wires, and proper ecu, im, vaf combo)

I'm going to take a very well educated guess here, because I have DE in my car. With just the DE and then stock k8 everything including k8 ecu, intake mani, intake tubing n vaf, and stock k8 exhaust would probably do a 15.2-15.5 depending on driver and launch(better with better suspension)

A DE that has the actual DE intake mani, ECU, and VAF and stock k8 exhaust would probably to between a 15.0-15.3 depending on driver and launch.

A DE (hopefully like mine) that has many add on's would prob do between a 14.5-15.0. Ill let ya know in the spring when I go race. Ive still got some work to do on my suspension before I go race so I still dont have a time.

What I do know is that if you go to probetalk there is a section of 1/4 mile times. A probe is about 400 lb more than an mx3 so that would prolly be good for about .2-.3 tenths of a sec. One guy on there with a similar set up to my car, just with a probe, ran a 14.9 so hopefully id do a lil better with practice.

Any how if you get a good engine, and do the swap right you should be sub 15's. Thats about as fast or faster than most cars on the road so it makes the car much more fun to drive.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”