Alberta group Oct/Nov event

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Alberta group Oct/Nov event

Post by wyldside »

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been low key lately. Under a lot of stress from trying to get my house built and getting contractors to show up.

I thought I'd run it past everyone to see what you all wanted to do for an event in the next little while. I'm not sure if everyone is up for a dinner & movie night or a cruise around town, or help me build my house Haa Haa! Just kidding!

I've been running dry on ideas lately, and it's starting to get bloody cold outside already. If we have a mini-meet, it will be in an underground parkade like Chinook Center or something. Brrrrr.... I'm not looking forward to winter.

So what do you all think?
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

James

I'm relatively new to Calgary. I've noticed your club, however my schedule hasn't allowed me to go out to one of your events thusfar. However I have noticed you have done the ZE swap. I am wanting to do either a ZE or DE swap and would really benefit from a look see at your car and some feedback from you about how it went. AS you can see I have a 96 and the OBD2 thing complicates this slightly. Maybe an indoor mechanical event for a winter outing might be good? I dont know what to suggest as a location, maybe you have some feedback on that? I know I would be interested in this function and would most likely apply to become a member of your club.

Thanks for the feedback

Sean 8) 8) :) :)
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

FRIDAY RACE CITY LETS DO IT!
no brain no pain

Post by no brain no pain »

I am definitely up for that! :) It's the first friday in months that I don't have to work!!! :D

-Jen
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Unfortunately I have plans this Friday. If you're definitly going, I might stop in to watch but I won't race. There's no point until I replace my suspension, driveshafts/CVs, and Engine Mounts. My 1/4 wouldn't be any better than 15.8sec anyways.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Here's an idea... :confused2:

A Halloween Wolf Run... We can meet at a location somewhere close to downtown Calgary at dusk. Then we can cruise down Memorial Drive to 68th Street, and then to 16th Ave NE and head out to my place in Cheadle for some evening drinks and snacks. If it isn't too cold, we can park the MX-3's in a ring not far from the fire pit and sit around the fire. I've got Marshmellows! We can do this on a weekend too, so you don't have to worry about staying late or spending the night if you need to.

It's just an idea. Let me know what you all think.
:shrug:
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

bulaian

Post by bulaian »

That sounds fun. I'd like to come out and finally meet some fellow MXers out there after lurking around the forums for almost a year now.
rece

Post by rece »

as you know the j team should be able to show... we work 8-4 that day so sounds like a go
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I was thinking either Oct 22nd or 29th might be a good day. What works better for everyone?

Jesse: It would be great to see you and Jacki there. Hopefully, this time, we don't run into any crazy truck drivers who deside to cut you off and scrape your front bumper. You said you got his plate number; did anything happen with that? I would have continued to chase after that guy, but I had a gut feeling that something bad would have happend.
Last edited by wyldside on October 13th, 2005, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

no brain no pain

Post by no brain no pain »

That sound like fun, I am usually done work at 6 or earlier on saturdays so I can probably make it out.
-Jen
rece

Post by rece »

if on a saturday after 4:30 would be prefered for us cuz i work till then
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well, I think with meeting up at dusk it should be around 6:45pm or so. Then we can hit the road shortly after for a nice highway cruise. This way everyone should be able to make it. If anyone wants to meet up for a quick bite to eat before hand, we can do that too. Either that, or I can just order a couple of pizzas for us to eat when we get to my place after the cruise.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Silktrain

Post by Silktrain »

Sounds like fun. I have that week off work, but the 22 works better for me as the 29th is Halloween at the bars, and I need to go and win $500 at a bar for best costume ;)
Mark Klassen
Burnt Black '96 GS - RIP
MX-West
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I'm down with either day, whatever works for other people. My gf will come if theres other girls.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Alright, then let's plan for Oct 22nd at 7:00pm. We can meet up somewhere close to downtown. Maybe up in Cresent Heights (where is overlooks downtown). I think there is a park there. I'll put up a map of that area. Then we can convoy from there and head out to Cheadle. For those who don't know, Cheadle is about 17mins East of the city limits. There will be other women there Rick, so your GF won't be board. There will be Jen, Jacki, Tracy, and maybe more. Maybe I can convince Joelle and Dallas to actually show up. :roll:

Let me know what you all think.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”