Not a very good day at the track

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Cpl_Bryant

Not a very good day at the track

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/815161/3

That will link you to my page with all my track info. Got beat by some lame-a-- Saturn Ion. :x Would you all agree that my launch needs work?
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

This Sgt agrees that the Cpl needs to work on his launch times.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

hahahaha u got beat by an ecotec!!!!!! hahaha im sorry but i just had to say that NO ONE quote me on the ecotec i dont wanna argue about it! btw ur car looks sweet on cardomain especially at the back thats the way i want to do mine i think it would look better with the rims black IMO im just not a fan of the fron bumper other than that its all been done right!
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Sorry to be critical but those times are pretty awful for a BPT based MX3. Running close to 16sec will end up causing you to get whipped by lots of newer sedan cars. You should have more than enough power but you may need to work on launching and possible traction issues.

Just to give you some comparison, my last run a couple months ago on my turbo 1.6 DOHC was like 15.01 @ 94.5mph and I am still not satisfied. Still got lots of stuff planned to since I am aiming for consistent mid to high 14s.

Your car looks fantastic BTW 8)
Last edited by osargeant on September 25th, 2005, 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

yeah dude with a good launch and dont shift to 5th if you do and you should be in the 14s range
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Yeah, thanks for all the comments gang. I am not a huge fan of my front bumper either anymore, but it'll have to do for now. I am thinking I need a suspensison upgrade (still stock) to reduce the squat. And some lighter wheels and better tires. Those are a long ways down the road. I didn't want to go crazy at the track and do things to the car that I don't normally do on the street. Just wanted to get an idea of what I would be running durring my everyday drive on the street with my subwoofers in the back and heavy-a$$ rims and cheap tires. Not trying to break an axle, clutch, or wear my tires out.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

Hell you should be able to hit atleast 50mph in 2nd, so running the whole quater on only the first 4 gears should be doable. Although on the BPT I dont know where the governer/fuel cut-off limit is(if it even has one).
Ferrarislayer

Post by Ferrarislayer »

fourth is no prob for that speed. The BPT has plenty of power and a decent tranny. My bone stock GS only has a cone airfilter and a stainless muffler and it tops fourth gear at around 101mph.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”