Tranny Ticking

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
acid_mx3

Tranny Ticking

Post by acid_mx3 »

My Tranny Seems to be making a ticking noise under deceleration my CV shafts are fine this is definitely not the issue as I had one go recently and its not even close to the same noise. there is lots of fluid in the tranny so everything there seems fine.

I'm sure I'm going to have people tell me my tranny is going to go "boom" I have the facilities to replace parts in my tranny but do not want to tear it down just to find out if I have a replaceable problem or if I'm definitely fucked.

does anyone have any idea as to what could cause the transmission to tick under deceleration
any help would be GREATLY appreciated I searched the board and found people who said they have a similar problems but the only answers offered were prepare to go boom
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

i tell you what man....if i had the space to pull my car apart...id be doing it regardless. tare the b---- apart and im sure you might find more problems then your aware of.

i was getting a weird ticking noise, then i put in a metal bar across the top of my engine, seems to hold it down and the ticking stopped however, your car is probably different, as there is 1 million different ticking noises.

my suggestion is, take'R apart...i wish i lived closer to you, cause id give you a hand for free. love me my mx3's...what more can i say.
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”