which motor is better

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
grey mx-3

which motor is better

Post by grey mx-3 »

KLZE or BP-T which one is faster which one is better they seem very similar to me. so i nned to find out from other people
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I think there was a discussion about this before but I am pretty sure that the bpt is faster.. On my dynograph the engine makes full torque at 3000 rpm and keeps it there until redline. I dont think the v6 would be able to have a chart like that. Does anyone have a klze dyno sheet to post.. Im intrested.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
D323

Post by D323 »

better is too general of a term. It really rests upon how you personally define "better"

Better MPG for the power you get?
Better assorment of mods?
Better reliablity?
Better etc...

Be specific. For the $$$, I prefer the BPT, but thats my personal opinion.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

In all honesty I prefer the sound of the V6. It’s just my preference. It’s bigger, heavier, and slower. But it is torquey and sounds sweet; it still has potential, and a blast to drive around. Although I love my 4 banger turbo, I think it would be sweet to have a ZE as well. I think for better reliability a KLZE would be the way to go. If you want to make gobs of power for cheaper then a BPT is the way to go. Either way one would end with good results.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

I think this has been brought up serveral times. Usually comes down to what you are planning to do etc. If it's for a daily driver I would say ZE as it's a good motor less heat...less issues with the turbo. If you are looking to put something mean on the read the BPT is a good choice as it offer gobs of modifications etc.

The ZE (which I have) is also a power house in terms of putting power on the road from a N/A perspective...though the power band is significantly different than that of the BPT. The full power comes in at about 4500RPM and I feel cuts out at about 7000RPM.

Plus I am sure you searched the topic you would find a lot more input.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Go with klze if your car is a v6, go with bp-t if your car is an i4.
grey mx-3

Post by grey mx-3 »

thanks for all the advice guys i am leaning more towards the bpt but its a lil harder to find does anyone know a good site besides corksport.com thats the only place i have found the bpt
D323

Post by D323 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Mazd ... enameZWDVW

being sold by cablemirc himself off of clubprotege.com

Hunt around online, there are a few importers that can get them for not too much. But please stay away from flashoptions ok? They tend to rip ppl off.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

BPT!!!!

MUCH BETTER MOTOR. There is nothing wrong with the KL-ZE, but they are just more cumbersome! I have one in my PGT and when I bought my MX-3 I sought out an I4 just because I'd rather go Turbo I4 than NA V6.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”