V6 chip tuning

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valdigre

V6 chip tuning

Post by valdigre »

Hi there,

What is the max gain you can get with a chip tuning on our Mx-3?
Did anyone with a completely stock Mx-3 V6 try that and could share the results?
Is it worth it?

Thanks
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Fro the 3-400 you'll pay to get maybe 15 HP save the money and do a ZE swap. I know everyone sais just do the swap, but it is true. Best bang for the buck and a better platform for mods.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Reaver19

Post by Reaver19 »

I'm quite certain this is answered somewhere in the forums, but if you dont mind, maybe you could tell me what your looking at spending for the KLZE swap TOTAL? I know you can get a decent KLZE in the states for $750+ shipping, but besides the KLZE engine itself, you also need the KLZE ecu and what else? Also, about how much is a KLZE ecu? Excluding labor, if I were to get a friend to do the entire install, what are we talking $ here for parts? And if I didn't go the KLZE route, and I wanted to stick it out with my V6, and also chose to pay 200$ for a 15hp gain on a chip, anybody have any suggestions on a good one to get? Once again, I apologize if I just missed the post on what a total KLZE engine swap would cost. Thanks for your time.
GQ084

Post by GQ084 »

Yea, I just hate that. No matter what car I get, when I ask about performance modifications , the quick answer is always just do engine swap. Being that I live in NYC in the PJ's there is absolutley no where to do engine mods. My best spot is in Autozone parking lot. The cheapest I found so farfor engine swap is approxiately $570 for the engine, and about $400-$600 for labor. Thats $1170 plus like a 4 day waiting period. That's the same price I paid for vehicle. So far, I did custom air intake and doing custom exhaust all for under $200. ANd that chip for $200 that claims addtl 15hp gain...SOunds alot better than getting some of the engine That around same hp...
Does math: 127+15= 142 + 3% gain from intake/exhaust = ~147 hp...Not bad. If you did some weight reduction ( free) ..... Your acceleration should increase... Lightweight rims...
Intercooler added to cool incoming air...LOL...JUST JOKING.
You know whats pretty good but is slept on the Tornado thingie...I dont think it adds horsepower, however you can feel a bit more better response and acceleration..
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

the +15 Hp mod on ebay is nothing but a BS lie. Do NOT get that off of ebay. Its a 2 cent resistor.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”