jet performace module

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

jet performace module

Post by fieromx3 »

i dunno if there was a topic on this already i couldnt find one so anyway what do u guys think of jet performance module? has anyone tried it? do u think its worth the money? its supposed to give 15-18 extra hp and for 231 bucks i think thats an awsome deal!!
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Now I have never hearsd of these Jet performance Modules, but after finding their website and reading what it has to say... I have a hard time believing that a 'chip' can give 15-20hp.

These scams have been around for ages and historically all they do is fool your computer into thinking there is either more air, or colder air coming into your motor. This will cause the ECU to send more fuel, causing you to burn slightly richer. On some applications this might increase horsepower if the car was burning lean beforehand, but for the mostpart it will do nothing but suck up more gas.

I dont know if thats what this thing does, but I am fairly confident this thing isnt even worth 30$ nevermind 240$.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I believe that with the size of the membership of this BB, that if this unit was of any value or consequence, it would have been widely advertised and posted about already on this BB, but it doesn't and it hasn't. Something like this is geared to reach millions and hopefully snag the gullable few. That's how it makes it's money. They'll word it in such a way as to give you a missleading impression, but accurate enough to cover their *ss wrt liability issues. If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

buy it, dyno it, and then share your results.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Rick Johnson wrote:buy it, dyno it, and then share your results.
:shock: :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”