engine delay

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ariesdude

engine delay

Post by ariesdude »

Hi, My engine has a slight delay in accelerating - whenever i try to accelerate a bit hard - like starting from a traffic light - there is a slight delay between the pushing of the pedal and reving up of th engine. Also when the engine is pulling hard - like going uphill at 30/40 mph i can hear that the engine is missing a beat every once in a while. i thought this could be a fuel filter problem - i am going to replace it soon - but if anybody has any other ideas i will check them out too. Thanks!
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

How long ago was your last tune up? How old are your spark plugs and wires? I recall a similar problem myself and I believe replacing those fixed it along with a general tune up.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Cpl_Bryant wrote:How long ago was your last tune up? How old are your spark plugs and wires? I recall a similar problem myself and I believe replacing those fixed it along with a general tune up.
Well, I bought the car used just over 2 weeks ago - the guy i bought it from said it was tuned up 4 months ago - but judging from my experience with him - it probably needs a tune up soon - I checked the wires- they dont look old or anything - but i am going to try and replace them anyway - also is it easy to replace spark plugs - is it just a matter of getting the right wrench and cranking them in/out. Thanks!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”