best break pads for bremebos xdrilled slotted?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
bluebullet

best break pads for bremebos xdrilled slotted?

Post by bluebullet »

well i got all 4 brembos x drilled and slotted rotors and i needed pads n i never knew what to get and what works good n i was in a rush for break because my car was going in a show n my old breaks were shot, i baught the canadian tire supreme pads and well 2 weeks later one of the rear ones is completly gone!!!! what is the best set up for these rotors!? someone please help me? and thanx
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

No wonder they wore out so fast.. you got B-R-E-A-K pads.

Next time, you need to look for B-R-A-K-E pads.

They will last longer.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Macen

Post by Macen »

Check that your rear brake calipers are not seized. That can make your pads wear a lot faster.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

sorry correction B-R-A-K-E pads!

and no my calipers are not seized i just finshed checking them what B-R-A-K-E pads would you guys recomment for brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

you should go with a metallic pad since they are alot stronger and they are pretty much made for x drilled slotted rotors and well the crappy tire pads are sh*tty trust me and well they are made for regular pads so metalic would be your best bet and if you really have extra cash go with ceramic they are the s**t when it comes to brake pads.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I got PBR ULX Ceramic pads all around with my Brembo S/XD rotors, and they work great! You want to stop quick, no problem, you can make it feel like your heart wants to jump out of your chest (pending on good tires too), it's also really easy to lock them up at any speed if you slam on brakes. Their not cheap, i don't remember the prices on the front since i bought them with a bunch of other stuff (i can check the reciepts tomorrow) but the rears were $75. The only downfall is they make alot of dust, it's not really noticable on my gunmetal rims, but when i clean them, man the ammout of black stuff that comes off, i'd pitty anyone with light/chrome rims.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

well thanx a lot guys im gonna look into ceramic pads and Nd4SpdSe im gonna look into those to cuz i like the sounds of that! again thanx for everyones help!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Ive done brake pad change recently and got my rotors turned along, bled lines too, Im still not satisfied with my brake performance. And ya I broke those pads in as suggested with 30/30/30 rule. I wonder what have I done wrong or its just my high expectations. :roll:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I got the Brembo slotted/drilled discs front & rear.
I chose Porterfield R4S pads (also front and rear).

The braking is awesome.

I used to have EBC Greenstuff, but those are laughable compared to these.
(the greenstuff had about 50-60% pads left when I replaced them)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

nope-mx3 wrote:I got the Brembo slotted/drilled discs front & rear.
I chose Porterfield R4S pads (also front and rear).
The braking is awesome.
I used to have EBC Greenstuff, but those are laughable compared to these.
(the greenstuff had about 50-60% pads left when I replaced them)
nope-mx3
I've yet to install my Magnum CD CAD plated rotors (x4) and was going to opt for the EBC Greenstuff but now I don't know. What makes the Porterfield R4S so "awesome"? Is it because of slalom or race events that you are predominently relying on those brakes for, or just every day use? What's the brake dust situation from those? Are they easy to lock up, cause if so, that's not something that I need. What made the EBC Greensuff ones so laughable?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

they just brake better faster.
As to brakedust, I cant say its a problem.

The same, or maybe even less than the Greenstuff.

the Greenstuff are expensive (atleast here), only fit front, and brake a lot poorer.

I use them on the road (track next year).
We got lots of extremely twisty roads here, and they get used heavily :D

I`m hoping to rig a dv-cam or something in my car and drive a normal trip on the "worst" road. It`s about impossible to actually keep the speedlimit there, usually I have to go down about almost half the speedlimit to safely go round the bends, and thats extremely rare with my setup. heavy braking before bends :D

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

pagid brake pad are good.
they make good metallic and racing pads.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Macen

Post by Macen »

How about the Hawk apds? I have read in many threads here that guys recomend them. Currently I use Ferodo Premier on plain Brembo rotors, and I'm satisfied with them. Though next year I think I will go for something even better. Maybe Hawk HP Plus?
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”