Shop called me for my help.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Shop called me for my help.

Post by MX-3 Money »

So I was sitting around the other day and I get a call from the local garage. Now I thought this was weird since none of my families cars were out there. So they ask me, "You did a 2.5L engine swap right?" I told them ya, kinda puzzeled. Well I guess some kids were trying to do it to a 626 they had and screwed it all up, so they brought the car to the shop it a million pieces. Now they guys can't seem to get the car to start. So they called me for help. Now I don't know about you, but i've never heard of a garage calling a customer for help(had my breaks and some bearing done there). They asked me what distributor would fit and I told them. Not sure if the engine is a DE or ZE. But they are getting fed up with the car cuz it just won't start and the kids keep bugging them about when its going to be done.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

LMAO I had something similar happen to me once.. but it wasnt a shop it was a Shucks Auto Supply store.. I had bought some oil from them and had been talking to one of the guys that worked there about my B2000.. and 2 hours later this guy calls me and starts asking me all kinds of questions.. After asking him who he was.. he explained that he was the guy from Shucks I had been talking to and that he had a customer with the same truck that was trying to change the starter.. Cracks me up when people who are supposed to know something and get paid to know something call a back yard grease monkey like me to help them with something.. cant say it wasnt an ego boost though ;) But then it was just Shucks Auto Supply too LOL Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: Shop called me for my help.

Post by neutral »

MX-3 Money wrote:So I was sitting around the other day and I get a call from the local garage. Now I thought this was weird since none of my families cars were out there. So they ask me, "You did a 2.5L engine swap right?" I told them ya, kinda puzzeled. Well I guess some kids were trying to do it to a 626 they had and screwed it all up, so they brought the car to the shop it a million pieces. Now they guys can't seem to get the car to start. So they called me for help.
That is definitely pretty damn cool. :bowdown:
Image -Jim
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

lol thats pretty funny, did you tell them where to send your money order lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I took my car to the local shop here and they had a problem with a Mini. They were also fed up with it, and has been in and out the past 6 months. I told them I had a friend (Jarid) that worked for Mini, they asked if I would call them for his help, lol. I called Jarid, he told them to reset the ECU. that fixed the issue. Go Jarid!
swalltr207jg

Post by swalltr207jg »

some people are clueless, and shouldnt be working the profession that they are. simple as that.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Custommx3 wrote:I took my car to the local shop here and they had a problem with a Mini. They were also fed up with it, and has been in and out the past 6 months.
One of the places I tried emissions testing at had a MX3 GS in thier shop for over a month just for emissions related problems.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”