mmmmmmmmmm BEER

Off-Topic Discussions
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

mmmmmmmmmm BEER

Post by V8KOMX3 »

OK a question for all you canucks is it true that they serve warm beer to people in canada? ALso what is your guys take on why you have such less amunt of murders in CAnada then the us, could it be the legalization of marijuana or are you guys just more laid back? :shrug:
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Warm beer is just nasty man. I don't know anybody that would drink that. As far as murders go, I think it boils down to less guns and strict gun laws. Guns just make it so easy to kill someone. And as far as I know mary j isn't legalized yet.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

marijuana is not legal, it is decriminalized.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

its not because theres less guns. At least half the population owns a gun some even 2 or 3. I watched a movie once.. I know I shouldnt reference it but it was just an interesting take on america and guns. Bowling for Columbine by Micheal Moore. Its a good entertaining documentary.

As for MJ its easily accessible. Marc Emery got arrested a few days ago because the US govt wanted him extradited for marijuana charges. If the Cdn govt really thought he was commiting a crime he would have been charged years ago for selling seeds. Even now he may never be extradited to the US. He hasnt been formally charged with any crime here in Canada. A perfect example of our lax MJ laws is when Marc was being arrested the cops stopped and let him take a bong hit before they took him into the station. In the states I dont see that ever happening.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

I spent a short but very enjoyable bit of time in B.C. last year.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... the local agriculture... boodalicious :love:
Vancouver seemed very laid back and much friendlier than many if not most U.S. cities too, IMO.
Image -Jim
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

LOL no they don't serve warm beer :) It's just generally stronger than American beer. As for the murders, one is too many as far as I'm concerned. There are 10x the people in the US than there are in Canada, so I'd say it's just probability. Hell, Cali has more people than Canada :D

And I love my MJ :shock: I think the hardline stance that the US has on it is silly. It's a freakin plant, man! In Halifax, Nova Scotia, every Canada Day is celebrated with a big gathering in the Halifax Commons (really big baseball field lookin' thingy) called Cannabis Day lol.. a few thousand pot smokers come out, chill on the field and smoke. The cops are there, looking for dealers and the like, but they don't bother the smokers. I used to walk down the street having a puff and noone would say anything. :shrug:
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Personally, I'm really against pot as much as I hate cigarettes.
Even then, I'm not much of a beer/alcool drinker either.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

nothing wrong with pot, its the fact that dealers add other s--- into them to make it addictive.

if it was legalized, additives wouldn't be needed, it'd be as pure as it was back in the 60's and wouldn't harm anyone.

And for the record, Bowling for Columbine is the most biased f---in movie ever, although it had a point about "why are there more murders in USA than anywhere else. I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with the fact there are guns, all countries have guns. Its just that our country actually keeps statistics of taht s--- while 3rd world countries don't.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Gro Harlem wrote:nothing wrong with pot, its the fact that dealers add other shat into them to make it addictive. if it was legalized, additives wouldn't be needed, it'd be as pure as it was back in the 60's and wouldn't harm anyone.
WRT "purity", THC content of hydro is ~13x higher today than what was available in the 1960's. Plus a 60's bag could have crushed tea leaves or oregano or any kind of crap easily mixed in with the crappy seedy stuff available back in the day and if memory serves ( yah mine still works pretty well :wink: ), around 1980/early 80's, under Reagan, U.S. Govt. was paying Mexico big $$$$ to spray the defoliant Paraquat on Mexican MJ crop. As a result, some of that poisoned crop was harvested quickly afterwards & making it into the U.S. Today's hydroponic growing methods produce a purity unsurpassed by anything else from the past, especially from the '60's.

And addictive?? Dude, whatchu been smokin? :P
ok, Rant over...
Last edited by neutral on July 31st, 2005, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image -Jim
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

well that was the reference i was pointing to in the movie.

Budder a strain of MJ out of BC has a THC content of 99.7% its the highest content of THC of any strain.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Don't drink (haven't in almost 5 years), don't do drugs, don't own a gun and think it's rediculous to own one unless you happen to be an avid hunter. Handguns - they're for the police, military or job requirement only .... IMO.
Don't know about Cdn's being laid back ... been to a few southern states where I thought that if they were even more laid back they'd be going backwards .... LOL. Cdn's may be a little more Liberal in their lifestyle and approach to things, leaning more toward a European way of doing things. IMO, we should be even more liberal / European minded, but that's just me. We (Cdn's) have far to many (moral) impediments that stiffle a progressive lifestyle. IMO again.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Wow all this time I thought mj was legal in Canada that was a shock to me. I had a teacher tell me one time that they serve warm beer in canada to help keep people from drinking and driving, geuss that was a fars as well. Thanks for the info and take on things guys.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Gro Harlem wrote:nothing wrong with pot, its the fact that dealers add other shat into them to make it addictive.

if it was legalized, additives wouldn't be needed, it'd be as pure as it was back in the 60's and wouldn't harm anyone.
Sorry Gro, you happen to be wrong about this one. . . I would write the facts in my own words, but it will be a stronger case if I just quote reputable site:

"Smoking marijuana can cause significant health problems. Marijuana contains more than 400 chemicals, of which 60 are cannabinoids. Smoking a marijuana cigarette deposits about three to five times more tar into the lungs than one filtered tobacco cigarette.

Consequently, regular marijuana smokers suffer from many of the same health problems as tobacco smokers, such as chronic coughing and wheezing, chest colds, and chronic bronchitis. In fact, studies show that smoking three to four joints per day causes at least as much harm to the respiratory system as smoking a full pack of cigarettes every day.

Marijuana smoke also contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into malignant cells."

This is from: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/bldea050426_4.htm

I hate when people say mj is harmless; maybe because I'm a health freak. Maybe because it isn't true. . .
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

freak I noticed you had some car meanings but you forgot some good ones such as
Mitsubishi:
Miniature Imported Terribly Substandard Underpowered Boring & Incredibly Secondrate Honda Imitation

Pontiac:
po nigga thought it was a cadillac

Saab:
Swedish Automobiles Always Breakdown.

VW:
Virtually Worthless

Ford:
Features O.J. and Ron's DNA

Dodge:
Dead Or Dying Garage Equipment

Chevrolet:
Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time