boost gauage

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
95 rs

boost gauage

Post by 95 rs »

ok im going with a B6T and i need a boost gauge but what kind do i need a vacuum or mechanical or just a plain boost gauge? i need help like really fast because i need to order the stuff tomorrow to have it here in time
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Just a plain mechanical boost gauge.
It should read both Boost and vacuum.
You know vaccum as when cruising and boost when the turbo spools and creates a + atmospheric pressure.

You should research some more before you dive head first into your project.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i know what the gauge does i just wasnt sure what 1 cuz the place im ordering has a mechanical and then it has a vacuum and it has just a plaing jane boost gauge where it says the boost i was just wondering and well i did my research already so dont worry
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Hmm.
As far as i know ALL Boost gauges are MECHANICAL.
A vacuum gauge would do you NO good because it does not measure how much boost the turbo charger is producing.
Get a Boost gauge that reads both vaccum and boost.
And my statement stands you should do some more research espically on the parts your going to use.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

why are you goin witht he b6t then your manifold will stick out why not just add the turbo from the b6t onto your dohc
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

my DOHC has no oil pressure and the B6T cost me under 700 so im cheaper off doing the swap

Return to “Forced Induction”