Got rid of those big ugly orange indicators at last !!!!

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Got rid of those big ugly orange indicators at last !!!!

Post by garfy1981 »

Ive had a set of mazda 6 side repeaters sitting in the boot for 2 months now after i picked them up from the local mazda dealer.
Today i finally decided to fit them !!
The were a piece of cake to fit and look so much better. I didnt know how to post a pic on here so your have to click on my "www" below to see.
One is not as good a fit as the other so ive got a little more to do before its finished.
Ive also just realised that owner before must have had wing sprayed cause i found a paint line around the old indicator when i took it off, so ive got a bit of rubbing with some cutting compound. Dont know why they didnt remove the indicator to do the job :evil:
Ive used a dremel to cut the back of the new indicator so i wouldnt have to worry about cutting away bits of the arch away, and also just incase i didnt like them, i could refit the old ones.
Anyhow tell us what u think, im also thinking of taking out dvd and tv not sure if its a bit ....well.. cheap and tackey
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

I can't see a www below! Please insert the URL! :)
'92 GS
My worklog
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

at the bottom of this post and the last one it reads

profile Pm www

click on the www part
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Here ya go :wink:

Looks good.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Now I feel stupid... Looks nice though! :)
'92 GS
My worklog
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

ha ha !

cheers for putting pic on post, wasnt really sure how, dispite looking in the faq, but hay ho !!

yeah they look 100% better, im still gonna keep an eye out on other cars side repeaters just incase i spot something else that takes my fancy

i decided top put this post in this forum rather than the electrical and lighting because i thought it was more relevant to the european community, seeing as the u.s mx-3 doesnt have these ( as far as i know )

cheers for the comments so far
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

adds a nice touch to the mx-3 :2thumbsup:
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

ah bugger, now I want some :p

what do you mean about this Dremel thing tho!

no way am I taking a dremel to anything! scary stuff... im guessing is the shape of the repeater different so it doesnt fit on the MX-3's wings / fenders without being altered? :?: :?: :?:

gotta check mine really, cos I had my wing sprayed after I had a 2mph parking incident with a VW Passat a while back :lol: I hope they took the repeater off to spray it - or i'd prob give up changing mine, lol lots of effort and im not very good at this kind of thing
1997, Silver, V6
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

well hope they did take your repeater off cause its left a lot of work with some trusty t-cut.

with the dremel it was very easy. on the back of the repeater there is about 5mm of plastic that needs triming off nothing to drastic.

The only other thing was that i had to make up some spade connections because the existing connection plug didnt not match the new mazda 6 plug,

all you need is 4 of the tiny spade connectors to go into the repeater, and about 40cm of 1mm cable to extend the existing wiring ( 10cm per leg )
and some bullet connnectors for these extensions.

It was all pretty easy, i was gonna take some photos of the whole process but for some reason my digital camera would only hold 2 photos ??? so i just did a before and after.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

garfy1981 wrote: seeing as the u.s mx-3 doesnt have these ( as far as i know )
Neither does Canada, but I wish they did. Perhaps when I source a J/EU/AU-Spec bumper, then I'll have to install a set. Any spare bumpers kicking around there ........ LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

i got a front bumper! its off a 1.6 auto though. so its not got the lower splitter!

Return to “European MX-3 Community”