How to say "No" to street racers

Off-Topic Discussions
BuGS

How to say "No" to street racers

Post by BuGS »

Since I turbo'd the BP mx-3 I have had a lot of ppl with civic's and other rice come and ask me if I want to race. I usually tell them the problem I am having involving either "Leaning out" "Bad timing advance" or something of the sort which the "street racer" totaly doesn't understand and walks off confused. Well tonight one walked up to me and said "Hey do you want to race me and my slow civic for $1000, or $500?" I respond "No man I only race on tracks." He then goes to try to explain to me how this abandoned Highway is pretty much a track.

Well Finally I just say "Hey I am not gonna race so if that is the only reason you walked over here I suggest you go back over to your buddies" then he leaves.

How do you guys handle ricers/racers?

I am presonally a "take it to the track" guy.

(hope this doesn't violate the Street racer rule on the forum)
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Well Just start talking to them about there car and see if they know anything about cars and if they don't call them a whally and tell them to f off, but if they do know something about cars just tel them your not into that kind of thing. Most educated car guys will understand and leave you alone but if they are persistant tell them you wil race them at you local track.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sounds like bs to me, although it would be cool to make $500 blowing doors off of a civic.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Bugs.. your a smart man.. I once got busted for racing in your home town during the appleblossom festival.. that was a long time ago and I am glad I lived long enough to eventually grow a brain about street racing.. The few times I've had to respond to a street race challenge, I simply told the challenger that I had too much cash invested in my car to chance it doing something that stupid.. (This reasoning also worked well when I had to tell friends I simply wouldnt drive after having a couple of drinks) One guy called me chicken, I simply pointed out to him that even though he seemed to have cash to waste, I didnt. He laughed.. went back to his friends.. about a half hour later he and one of his friends did a race along the strip.. I dont know who won.. but I know both lost because when I left to go home.. I saw both his car and his friends car pulled over by the cops.. I got to honk and wave at him while he was being cuffed and stuffed into the back seat of the cop car.. The look on his face was worth more than winning a thousand races ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Depends, on the streets I either shake my head or just ignore them. On the way back up to my appartement Friday. I was crusing at around 120 in the middle lane when some 2 kids in a 4-door Corolla in the left lanedrove past than slowly slowed down and I glanced over and it was 2 kids, after a few seconds, for what I could tell he floored it and slowly took off. Honnestly, I laughed cause I could have beated his a-- without downshifting. If someone asks, I tell them I have a perfect record and I want to keep it like that. Plus, with my luck (and yes my luck is that bad), I'd get caught.

Sometimes I'll give in to he spontanious races, but their in quiet areas with noone around, not on busy highways or on city streets. If they try to play around with me, i'll shift down, floor it and smoke them, just to prove my point, than just ignore them, about 2-3 weeks ago backing a back road to get to the highway cause I was at my parents trailer, a few kids in a Civic caught up to me and was riding my a--, so I floored it and pulled a few dozen car lenghts and went back to driving like a normal, just to prove my point.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i totally agree with street racing lol

for sure for a thousand bucks you got it then let em line up and you just turn at the next left and let him go off like a retard.

so in that respect yes

i honestly dont have ppl coming up and saying wanna race. my car looks like a plain mx3 but goes like a little rocket. hence why ppl dont race me.

Alot of ppl are automatically attracted to bling and think the car might be fast cause its blinging. but in most cases all the money has been dumped into making the car look like .. whatever its supposed to look like. is why ppl arnt attracted to racing me, i dont look like your typical racer who spent 5 grand on a body kit and 2 grand on rims and rubber and some fancy lights etc...etc. I dont attract unnecessary retards.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: How to say "No" to street racers

Post by neutral »

BuGS wrote:How do you guys handle ricers/racers?
I don't race. Usually give em a head shake "no" and then ignore em. One night though, a persistent Honda-boy would not stop running his mouth at a long stoplight where we were side-by-side first-in-line at the light. So I decided to actually speak to him and his lil buddy.

Told em "sorry, I'm still full from the last Civic I ate for lunch." That got em going and we both sat there revving motors at each other. Light changes, Honda-boy spins a little rubber & TAKES-off while I engage the clutch normally and start moving like a normal person. Honda-boy looked like an idiot IMO but the Gods were really smiling 'cause 1/2 dozen cars behind him at the light was an unmarked Po Po that neither of us knew was there. I passed Honda-boy just as the cop was pulling him over a mile down the road. I gave Honda-boy a friendly honk and finger.
Image -Jim
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Ya I never race just tease em with my RFL. THe intimidation works cause so far 4 cars ( 2 were BMW's) passwed me going like 50 in a 25 right in front of a cop. The BMW's were the funniest cause both are in these "Rydin Clean" show club only. no racing is allowed :)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

You have a turbo'ed BP mx3 and won't race for money?

Winning money & shaming ricers is the best feeling ever. you should try it at least once before you die :)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

When someone asks me to race.. I usually laughat them, I dont even give them a chance to say anything else, usually they walk off feeling like an idiot.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

It's a toss up for me...considering no one comes up to me and asks "do you want to race" considering from the outside all they see is a stock GS (not the ZE under the hood MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted: )

But when there is the odd tuner who is riding up or egging me on...the devil seems to be a bit more persuasive just to get the point across. But generally I don't like to street race...too much to loose.

But then again I am sure almost everyone has given in to the temptation.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
sexy_mx3

Post by sexy_mx3 »

See my, only question is, my g/f has a problem with her b/f constantly street racing.... how do you stop someone from street racing? See my friends think its funny to do this sort of thing. Mind you he likes going to the track to do it legitly, but with the three speeding tickets he has gotten, you think he would know not to do something so stupid...especially around here where I live where they watch kids like a hawk if you are in a nice car...any suggestions to that? Or should I just tell his g/f to wait until he loses his liscence and car and then tell him to use his pedal bike when he needs to get somewhere?
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Just tell him hes an idiot for street racing. If he wants to kill himself and others then continue. Too many people die because of idiot street racers. They make tracks for a reason.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

stupid ricers, there everywhere here, but my car runs so bad i smoke them out and look like a idiot so I dont bother, already lost my lisence once for 3 months so I am good. I have never got anyone coming up to me asking to race though :shock: it's usually all big deisel and gas trucks :lol:
Meep

Post by Meep »

I always find it funny because there have been a few cars that have drriven up beside me and revved their engines at lights while I'm waiting. They're usually some stupid kids who sit in the car talking to eachother, "You got this man! You got this! You can beat her" I laugh and just let them take off. Yeah, because I am SOOO driven to race two retards. I'm only working on my car for the sheer satisfaction of beating testosterone pumping pimply teenagers on my drive home from work. My ideal night! Hooray! YES! Life goals achieved!

But I really love the people that'll get mad you won't race them and so they tailgate you. Not one to be intimidated, I've discovered an incredible thing... Its called brakes... I use them then... I need to get my car repainted anyways... so ride my arse all you want

Then there is one instance where I was followed home. Thankfully, I have two cops living by me. Hooray!

Harassment and intimidation have no place with me.

Return to “Off-Topic”